Register to remove these ads

Eminem (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Soot and Stars, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Miranda

Miranda Junior Member

I really like Eminems's songs. He's the greatest rapper, song writer, composer and actor I've ever met. Eminem is a real king of hip-hop. He had a rather difficult childhood but due to his talent he became a worldwide famous personality. One must penetrate deeply into every his song in order to understand the meaning.

2. CREAM'd

CREAM'd Senior Member

Used to listen to his earlier albums quite a lot. D12 World is a very underrated album. His lyrics might not appeal to everybody, but I find a lot of it very funny.

3. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

I heard this on indie radio really late on my drive home from somewhere on day and it was the first song I heard from the new album after "Rap God". While I don't really like "Life's Been Good" that much on it's own I think it was a really good sample and it's one of my favorites from his newest album. A couple of my favorites...

So Much Better

This is the closest thing to an unhinged, dangerous Eminem song we've gotten since "Relapse" and the best one since the first Marshall Mathers album if you ask me.

Bezerk

This might be the most fun I've actually ever heard Em actually have in a song and the Beastie Boys and Billy Squier samples sound choice together. :)

4. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

I actually love "Love Game" as well! The transition between that and "So Far" is so seamless I thought it was some kind of odd break in the "So Far" song. :heheh: Anyway, it's also really funny with another cool retro sample. I just like how Eminem amped the humor in this one though there's no shortage of angry rants, serious introspection and even tearjerkers otherwise! Very well rounded! :grinthumb

5. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Oh yeah......very cool song! A new twist to Joe Walsh. Reminds me of stuff that Weird Al Yankovic would do.
    :heheh:

I love the line "kiss my country bumpkin ass"

:oyea:

6. Soot and Stars

:oyea:

It's just funny to hear Eminem be so self aware about how old he's gotten for the genre and how out of touch he is! :heheh:

7. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

That was the lyric I googled to find out what song this was after I heard it on the radio. :heheh:

And Sooty, I am hoping at some point in Eminem's career he'll do cranky old man rap. :D

8. Firestarter

Firestarter Junior Member

Shady XV fell a bit short for me. Yelawolf shined bright on it though.

9. Soot and Stars

I gave it a run through and have it ordered on Amazon. I though "The Marshall Mathers LP 2" was amazing so I had lower expectations for this one since I see it as more of a loose and free album to accompany the greatest hits. I thought the rapping was still pretty tight and heard some good standout songs. :grinthumb

10. Minlinks1

Minlinks1 Senior Member

Eminem is good music..was surprised when i heard it for the first time ages back..it's really good