Eluveitie (Official Thread)

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Eluveitie

My favourite song comes from Eluveitie:

I just find the pacing, the structure, the instruments and vocals to be just perfect! Lose myself in this song every time. Love that violin intro! :grinthumb
I love the dark, mysterious feel to it

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Listening to the Everything Remains (As It Never Was) album. I love the opening to this track a lot. I never really paid much attention to it the first few times through.

Harkat

Reaction score

For me, the intro "Otherworld" just sets up the entire album nicely, really starts it off with the atmosphere that makes it a fantastic album!!
Its also a message, about how people really haven't changed since the beginning of time. Still the same old fighting between people and countries, same old problems.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^Exactly. :grinthumb

I couldn't think of anything else to say because you summed it up as I would have.

Harkat

Reaction score

I love this song!!

The instruments are the focus of the song, the vocals are to fill in the gaps of the song, to provide a constant change of sound and give the song its 'roughness'.
The violin intro is a pretty good intro for a song; it just flows into the sudden heaviness of it!
Good song! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I get this really interesting image when I hear these two songs, i'll try to explain them the best I can:

First off, when I hear this song playing, I imagine a couple (a man and a women) dancing with each other, and as it gets to the middle of the song, the women steps back and the male starts to break out in a tap dance. I know that tap dancing is traditionally an irish dance, but I can't help but see a tap dance breaking out to this song.

This one is very interesting. I imagine two people standing side by side, and doing an interpretive dance throughout the whole song. Slowly moving and slowly getting closer to join hands and advance into a waltz. Either that, or I see one person with a bagpipe on a stage with a crowd staring blissfully at him. The spotlight is only on him, and everywhere around is dark, except for the man with a bagpipe.

That's what I feel when I hear those two songs specifically. The band in general is a great band if you like stories. At least thats the way I see it.

Harkat

Reaction score

D'Vêritû Agâge D'Bitu

D'Vêritû Agâge D'Bitu ~ "The Truth Against The World"
Dro, o Dêvo, tovo anextlo,
Cue ir anextlo, nertos,
Cue ir nertos, Skyans,
Cue ir Skyans, Gothvos,
Cue is Gothvos, Gothvos ar vêriânjâ,
Cue is Gothvos ar vêriânjâ, y Garo
Cue ir Garo, grâto oljo Bewnans,