Eluveitie (Official Thread)

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Eluveitie

I will hit you up with some stuff when I get home :p

I am a actually going out in 15 minutes so I guess this will postpone this till later

Last edited:

Harkat

Reaction score

Cool thoughts Soot...I try to toss a variety. After reading your opinions...this CD is the one for you.

61Zm4lhurvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2009 album from the Swiss band. Eluveitie released their break through album Slania in February 2008 and did three European and two US tours in less than one year. Euphoric reactions, sold out shows everywhere and newly gained respect from all over the world were their well-deserved earnings. Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann took some short time off to write a new album that has already been planned for quite some time. This time the band would not sound like a sonic battlefield, this time there was a deep desire for just ancient melodies and pure acoustic Folk music: no electric guitars or any effects... just pure, honest and authentic folklore! If you know their previous efforts, its needless to say that the band succeeded in every aspect. Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion already is a gem in the Folk genre and will appeal to all fans of the band as well as to a lot of music interested people of all genres.

Yes I agree, you would like this album.
It has Omnos on it ;P

Soot, give this one a quick flick.
The growling isnt a deep growl, more of a singing growl and is only sung through about a third of the song ( or less ) the rest is instrumentals or Anna.
The growling is most certainly not overpowering and are constantly used to accentuate Anna via undertone.

He more or less sings this one, but still has a growl feel to it:

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The Endless Knot

eluveitie_band.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score

I heard that their next album was going to be an Evocation II
Which I am very much looking forward to! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^ Knowing that, I am now very excited as well.

Looooove these songs off of Everything Remains As It Never Was

Harkat

Reaction score

Those two are certainly some of the less heavy songs on that album.
I really enjoy those two as well, both are gentle yet semi-intense and really enjoyable!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^ I like the mix of less hardcore and more hardcore that the album has. There are some slow songs and some fast ones. It's what makes them easy to listen to. It's never really the same sound over and over again.

Harkat

Reaction score

^^ oh no, you can even hear their sound change over the albums. They had a different touch/feel to them when they first came out to what they have now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online