Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Eluveitie

Stuff from their new album

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'll start with this! Why the hell are you the only guys in this thread! This band while it doesn't match my taste is great! Where's LG? This is like Metal Jethro Tull! :grinthumb

I came into this thread because Harkat suggested them BUT they weren't my first introduction! Metal had actually exposed me to Omnos in MT and I liked it at the time but failed to explore more! Here are the positives and negatives I got from this band.

Positives:

. Great music as far as everything behind the vocals. Even at the time when the heavy vocals were grating the music actually overpowered it and compensated for them making me enjoy the song altogether. Best example and best heavy song for me was Uis Elveti!

.The instrumentals! I LOVED the instrumentals! When I delve into a thread I listen to EVERY song and thank God it was Anagantios that started the thread because it hooked me hardcore!

. It was relatively varied (not quite enough for me) for this type of band. I need a breather for bands of this caliber and the female vocals tracks and instrumentals broke it up for me better than most.

Negatives:

. The vocals! They are better than the deep gutteral gorilla vocals I'm used to hating but they are still grating after a bit! I tried to focus on the instrument/music portion the most!

. I couldn't listen to this unless it's in small clumps! It would give me a headache! I made through the thread song by song because there was a lot of redeeming values and I always listen to every song posted for perspective but the vocals and similarities in songs after a bit are hard to sit through for about an albums worth of songs!

Good Band though guys! Deserves more attention so thanks for introducing me! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool thoughts Soot...I try to toss a variety. After reading your opinions...this CD is the one for you.

61Zm4lhurvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2009 album from the Swiss band. Eluveitie released their break through album Slania in February 2008 and did three European and two US tours in less than one year. Euphoric reactions, sold out shows everywhere and newly gained respect from all over the world were their well-deserved earnings. Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann took some short time off to write a new album that has already been planned for quite some time. This time the band would not sound like a sonic battlefield, this time there was a deep desire for just ancient melodies and pure acoustic Folk music: no electric guitars or any effects... just pure, honest and authentic folklore! If you know their previous efforts, its needless to say that the band succeeded in every aspect. Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion already is a gem in the Folk genre and will appeal to all fans of the band as well as to a lot of music interested people of all genres.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Cool man! I just have to clarify I liked all the heaviness in the music but the vocal parts were what drained me! lol They need an instrumental album with both heavy and acoustic melodies! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah I hear that...I can tolerate it all...but that album above is the closest thing your'e gonna find that probably wouldn't annoy you at all...there's some growly type vocals on it but not like the others and it's a very musical album in the traditional folk sense. :grinthumb

It's actually turned out to be one of the ones I spin the most!! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Here's a cool track from it to give you a better idea...but it's all good. Didn't want you to think there were no drums on it or anything. :heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

Soot, delve deeper! :p
I can't guarantee an album but I am certain you can gather a collection of songs that would be worthy of an album

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online