Elton John (Official Thread)

playeru

Reaction score
Re: Elton John

I love some of his songs; I never really listened to an entire studio album. My favorite is "Your Song". "Sacrifice" is also gorgeous.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You should listen to a complete album Playeru, especially his earlier works.

Forgot about this thread, and after Cosmic's post about Caribou I have picked up a copy and have played it a few times. It is a decent album, been a long long time since I listened to it. When it was released in 1974 I really didn't pay much attention to it, although Bitch is Back jumped out at us when it was released as a single, and still holds up as one of his best hard rock songs.

The Bitch is Back,,,boy I laughed when I watched this video this morning...:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yeah "The Bitch Is Back" is a very standout track from Elton. Glad you finally got a copy of it LG. :grinthumb

Macca

Member #9, #9, #9, #9...
Reaction score

I'm a veery big elton fan, saw him last summer with billy joel and was actually a little dissapointed with elton's performance...still love his studio work though!!!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well Elton's voice has suffered with age so....yeah....nothing anyone can do about that. =/

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Time to finish my albums in here.

I am going to have to re-evaluate my whole Elton John collection after finishing the next three albums in my library. I have been playing "Madman Across the Water" from 1971 the last three days and I am just blown away by it. I can't believe I waited this long to get a copy.:bonk:

The Title Song.

I'm having an album night for artist I've been way to dependant on the greatest hits packages for and I remember you recommending this as your favorite Elton john c.d. I went to Grooveshark to listen and the rest is history. I love it and it has a depth that I never knew Elton had. This makes the rest of his work sound campy and schmaltzy in comparison. My favorite track is:

Indian Sunset

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^His early years are the best Sooty. I didn't mind his "campy/schmaltzy' stuff right up to and including Blue Moves, which is the last Elton John CD I have.

People that only know his mid 80's to 2000's are in for a surprise if they do take the time to go to the beginning of his career.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Madman Across the Water has to be one of my favorites by Elton. Stunning and Epic...pretty dark as well. Love the title track and Indian Sunset as well as the hits of course from this album.

:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

^^His early years are the best Sooty. I didn't mind his "campy/schmaltzy' stuff right up to and including Blue Moves, which is the last Elton John CD I have.

People that only know his mid 80's to 2000's are in for a surprise if they do take the time to go to the beginning of his career.

Oh yes, I agree with this 100%. I generally considered "Captain Fantastic..." to be the last really good album Elton did. "Rock the Westies" is just alright but "Blue Moves" is better and pretty underrated. But yeah, for like those first 8 albums or something Elton was on an amazing run.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online