1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eberg's Record Shop Stop

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by eberg15101, Mar 21, 2011.

1. LG

LG Fade To Black

I don't have Islands in the collection, but I do love their self titled album and Big Pink.

Molly Hatchet, don't play them often but Flirtin' and their debut are my 2 favorites.

I have all three of the next ones coming up, so I'll be back to critique your reviews.

Not bad at all, thank the missus for letting you catch up in here for me.;)

2. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

It's really not a bad album, LG, I have just come to expect more creativity from The Band.. The songs were good and fun to listen to and all..:)
    As for Hatchet, I'm in the same boat, but I do play the debut and Flirtin' quite often..

3. Groovy Man

Groovy Man I'm Not Like Everybody Else

Nice album pick ups', eberg...

:cheers2

Not much to say about Molly Hatchet's Flirtin' With Disaster but ''excellent''! :grinthumb

And I like The Band's last studio album with all the original members, ''Islands''

Maybe you could hear the turmoil or they were running out of gas - but, not a bad album - lots of mid tempo tunes and slower tunes and a rocker - ''Ain't That a Lot of Love''.

Side 1 is pretty solid - Side 2, a couple of songs I don't care for.

My favorites from the album are ''Livin' in a Dream'', ''The Saga of Pepote Rouge'', ''Ain't That a Lot of Love'' and ''Christmas Must Be Tonight'' - a great song, that would of sounded great ending the album, instead of ending Side 1, imo.

And there's a fantastic alternative version of "Georgia on My Mind" on the CD, that's better than the version found on ''Islands'' - also imo.

Overall, not a bad album, but not as good as some of their other albums.

4. Groovy Man

Groovy Man I'm Not Like Everybody Else

No new posts lately...I hope eberg hasn't been caugh shoplifting. :heheh:

;)

5. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

:heheh:

Sorry Groovy, eberg's been a little sick and a little busy lately.. I'll be getting back to a normal schedule very soon, hopefully.:bonk::grinthumb