Eberg's Record Shop Stop

Reaction score
Great to have another follower^:tup:

I'll have a couple more reviews up from the latest batch.. I had a pretty busy weekend, but I'll find some time this week to put a few more up:D

Here's another pic from Attic:
199085_10150230005484377_578174376_9247369_1191996_n.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Good lord! I could literally sit in there for days upon days!

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: Eberg's Record Store Stop

Bob Seger: Beautiful Loser
Bob_Seger_-_Beautiful_Loser.jpg

Solid record all the way through! The title track, Beautiful Loser is excellent. Side one has the rocker, Katmandu, and it rocks hard and fast. Side two has my favorites of the album though. (In preferential order) Travelin' Man, Natbush City Limits, Sailing Nights, Momma, and Fine Memory. Night Moves is an extension of this record as far as I'm concerned, and that is a great thing:grinthumb
Overall, 8/10, it will get plenty, and I mean plenty of play time from me, but there are other albums that I do like better.
BTW, this was a nice pick up, eberg...I really enjoy this album.

:cheers2

Reaction score
@P&C
If I could, I would! and you'd all be invited:heheh:

@Groovy
I really love Travelin' Man.. such a nice, cool song.. very well written:grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score
Great to have another follower^:tup:

I'll have a couple more reviews up from the latest batch.. I had a pretty busy weekend, but I'll find some time this week to put a few more up:D

Here's another pic from Attic:
199085_10150230005484377_578174376_9247369_1191996_n.jpg

I'm looking forward to the latest reviews, eberg, as I'm sure more fellow rockers are, too! :grinthumb

:omg: Is that your Attic, or perhaps a record store named "Attic"? Although a better name might possibly be the Vinyl Vaults! :D

:wow: That's a lot of vinyl, imo! I sure hope the floor in that Attic can handle the stress. I wonder how much all of those records are insured for, too! :pullhair:

:cheers:

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the latest reviews, eberg, as I'm sure more fellow rockers are, too! :grinthumb

:omg: Is that your Attic, or perhaps a record store named "Attic"? Although a better name might possibly be the Vinyl Vaults! :D

:wow: That's a lot of vinyl, imo! I sure hope the floor in that Attic can handle the stress. I wonder how much all of those records are insured for, too! :pullhair:

:cheers:
It's the store called Attic:heheh:

My OP has a few pictures of the two stores I go to.. Attic is one of them.. I don't even have a legit attic on my house:heheh::tup:

How anyone could find anything in there is beyond me. May god have mercy on your soul if you're looking for a specific album. :heheh:

:lmao:

They do have fairly organized shelves.. They just have even more that they haven't put on the shelves yet..:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am aghast at the slovenly way "The Attic" handles their albums, everyone knows it's not a good idea to stack them flat on top of each other...:eek:

Next time I'm in the big city I'll go to Whyte avenue and check out the last of our used record shops...it's such a pain in the butt to find parking though.

It's about 10 blocks long chock full of great little shops, like stepping back in time to the 40's and 50's.

Whyte-Avenue-by-bulliver.jpg

Time for your next review EB, if your girlfriend can give you a break from snoggin' that is.;)

Reaction score
^That same stack won't be there the next day, LG.. They are constantly moving them.. They are trying to expand certain genre sections a bit, and are in the process of reorganizing..

:heheh:
I tried to tell others, but they wouldn't listen.. You're right, LG.. the nonstop snoggin' is all her fault.. She just won't let me get away;):tongue:

Reaction score
As promised, 2 reviews of the latest batch tonight..

First up, I'm going to be lazy.. It's late, I'm tired... I feel like cheating on this one:heheh:

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster
moll.jpg

It's an absolutely phenomenal album. Southern rock, rock n roll, and hard rock at its greatest. Nice production, as well.. Overall, 10/10.. You can read a more in depth review of mine, here: http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f37/molly-hatchet-flirtin-disaster-1979-a-12063/

Second up,
The Band - Islands
album-islands.jpg

Side one starts off nicely; it starts with a track as you would just expect The Band to sound. The second track, Street Walker, continues in the same path. The third song, Let the Night Fall is a nice ballad. It's not as average sounding, it's just a nice song, cool lyrics, and a cool tune. Side one ends with Christmas Must Be Tonight. Cool song and all, but so far there is only 2 really standout songs. Side two starts with a pretty OK, funky instrumental jam.. Nothing overly impressive. It continues to progress in the same vain; Nothing is anything groundbreaking or unexpected. Georgia On My Mind is a nice little, jazzy tune. The entire album is at a pretty slow pace and, it's not exactly oozing energy, but it's a pleasant listen. Overall, the production is very nice, and I'm glad to have exposed my ears to this album. It went out on a much higher note than it came in on, not nearly as bland by the end. I'll give it a 5.5/10.. I'm glad to have listened to it, but I'd much rather listen to The Big Pink, Rock of Ages, or The Last Waltz or something instead..

Coming Soon!
Next up from the most recent batch..
Edgar Winter's White Trash, The Grateful Dead's Workingman's Dead, and, also, a comparison of the remastered CD of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap compared to the original vinyl!
winter-edgar_white-trash.jpg
24104.jpg
61FeJqZsDLL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online