Eberg's Record Shop Stop

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have Islands in the collection, but I do love their self titled album and Big Pink.

Molly Hatchet, don't play them often but Flirtin' and their debut are my 2 favorites.

I have all three of the next ones coming up, so I'll be back to critique your reviews.

Not bad at all, thank the missus for letting you catch up in here for me.;)

Reaction score
It's really not a bad album, LG, I have just come to expect more creativity from The Band.. The songs were good and fun to listen to and all..:)
As for Hatchet, I'm in the same boat, but I do play the debut and Flirtin' quite often..

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Nice album pick ups', eberg...

:cheers2

Not much to say about Molly Hatchet's Flirtin' With Disaster but ''excellent''! :grinthumb

And I like The Band's last studio album with all the original members, ''Islands''

Maybe you could hear the turmoil or they were running out of gas - but, not a bad album - lots of mid tempo tunes and slower tunes and a rocker - ''Ain't That a Lot of Love''.

Side 1 is pretty solid - Side 2, a couple of songs I don't care for.

My favorites from the album are ''Livin' in a Dream'', ''The Saga of Pepote Rouge'', ''Ain't That a Lot of Love'' and ''Christmas Must Be Tonight'' - a great song, that would of sounded great ending the album, instead of ending Side 1, imo.

And there's a fantastic alternative version of "Georgia on My Mind" on the CD, that's better than the version found on ''Islands'' - also imo.

Overall, not a bad album, but not as good as some of their other albums.

Reaction score
:heheh:

Sorry Groovy, eberg's been a little sick and a little busy lately.. I'll be getting back to a normal schedule very soon, hopefully.:bonk::grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.