Eagles (Official Thread)

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I watched the documentary the History of the Eagles on Netflix, now I love them. Wish I had gone to see the a couple of years back in London.

Personal picks - Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Already Gone, Good Day in Hell plus of course the Hotel California Album.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Watch something on YouTube called "Hotel California::LA from Byrd's to Eagles" Simply fabulous!

Texas King

Reaction score
Very popular country rock band in the US which was never critically acclaimed.
Maybe critics were right about them, maybe they exaggerated a bit. But I don't find nothing outstanding about their music.

And Eagles music has a much more appeal on Americans than non-Americans.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Saw a video lately about how the eagles should get Don Felder back in the band.
Most of the bad blood was between Glen Frey and Don Felder.
As I see it it's "water under the fridge".
:bdh:

But I've always thought these feuds are just dumb and fans shouldn't put up with them.
Gregg Allman vs Dickie Betts, Levon Helm vs Robbie Robertson, on and on.
Most people work with other people who they wish would spontaneously combust but we do our f'in jobs and aren't babies about it.

I'm also in the "could take em or leave em" camp.
I always found them sort of a phony version of country rock.
But technically accomplished. No arguing that.

Last edited:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Very popular country rock band in the US which was never critically acclaimed.
Maybe critics were right about them, maybe they exaggerated a bit. But I don't find nothing outstanding about their music.

And Eagles music has a much more appeal on Americans than non-Americans.
I used to be a huge Eagles fan but in recent years have become quite disillusioned with them. My problem with the Eagles is that their music just sounds like a business. Their live versions of a song sounds exactly like the studio version. With the exception of Joe Walsh, the musicians just lack spontaneity and their stage presence is quite wooden.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Saw a video lately about how the eagles should get Don Felder back in the band.
Most of the bad blood was between Glen Frey and Don Felder.
As I see it it's "water under the fridge".
:bdh:

But I've always thought these feuds are just dumb and fans shouldn't put up with them.
Gregg Allman vs Dickie Betts, Levon Helm vs Robbie Robertson, on and on.
Most people work with other people who they wish would spontaneously combust but we do our f'in jobs and aren't babies about it.

I'm also in the "could take em or leave em" camp.
I always found them sort of a phony version of country rock.
But technically accomplished. No arguing that.

For years I thought the same, bands should just get on with it, how hard can it be for bands like Van Halen, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd etc to put the past aside and play together again.

But then I started to encounter some difficult situations as I've grown older and relationships with friends that have come and gone and now I have to say I can totally understand why a lot of bands and artists don't get on and never recover. Life is short yes, but clearly Frey and Henley are / were very proud men and decided to act the way they did and there are some people that just drag up too many bad memories.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
For years I thought the same, bands should just get on with it, how hard can it be for bands like Van Halen, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd etc to put the past aside and play together again.

But then I started to encounter some difficult situations as I've grown older and relationships with friends that have come and gone and now I have to say I can totally understand why a lot of bands and artists don't get on and never recover. Life is short yes, but clearly Frey and Henley are / were very proud men and decided to act the way they did and there are some people that just drag up too many bad memories.

Well it's not an expectation that band members should always "get on" well with each other.
It's that I think they should be professionals and not allow personal BS to effect the future of the band.
Of course personal stuff always plays a role even in a pure business environment.
But often these differences between musicians really feel like pissy little children rather than professionals.
I use the stones as an example. Keith and Mick have had quiet a number of serious tiffs over the years.
Most notably Keef's treatment of Mick in his book. Mick was pissed.
But it just never would get in the way. It's a different category and they carry on despite the worst difficulties.
Whatever. I hate when rock stars act like rock stars.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online