Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Keith Moon

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Neil Peart

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
Paul McCartney has stated (in a letter to ringo) that ringo is the best drummer of all time. And, as for John Lennon, for his plastic ono band, he could have had any drummer in the world. Who did he choose? Ringo.

I have that book, Postcards from the Boys. :)

BTW, I see you're new. Welcome!

Reaction score
*Cough* *Cough*
Paul McCartney once said that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles. *Cough*
Look how Energetic Moonie is on stage!
And how awesome Peart is in the studio.
My heart goes with Keith.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
*Cough* *Cough*
Paul McCartney once said that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles. *Cough*
Look how Energetic Moonie is on stage!
And how awesome Peart is in the studio.
My heart goes with Keith.

I think it was Lennon who said, "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles." For example, Paul played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko," So he was referring to Paul with that statement.

And years after the Beatles broke up, Lennon was asked about the success of the members of the band on their own. He said he knew McCartney would do all right, but it was Ringo he worried about.

Lennon also said something like, "Pete Best was a good drummer, but Ringo was a better Beatle."

If not for the genius of Lennon / McCartney, the world would very much most likely not know who Ringo was. I'm not saying I don't like Ringo. I like him as one of the Fab Four and a former Beatle.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I think it was Lennon who said, "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles." For example, Paul played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko," So he was referring to Paul with that statement.

And years after the Beatles broke up, Lennon was asked about the success of the members of the band on their own. He said he knew McCartney would do all right, but it was Ringo he worried about.

Lennon also said something like, "Pete Best was a good drummer, but Ringo was a better Beatle."

If not for the genius of Lennon / McCartney, the world would very much most likely not know who Ringo was. I'm not saying I don't like Ringo. I like him as one of the Fab Four and a former Beatle.

Lennon was kidding when he said this. If we know one thing about John Lennon is that he loved to joke. And Paul played drums in Dear Prudence and Back In The USSR as well. But, who did John choose for his plastic ono band? He sure as hell didnt go and get pete best.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
As technical skills go, neither Ringo or Keith could TOUCH Neil.

So, "Who is best"? Neil wins hands down.

"Who do I like most"? Hard to say. I like the Beatles far far more than the Who or Rush put together, so I'd have to go with Ringo based on that. As an individual? I dunno.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
As technical skills go, neither Ringo or Keith could TOUCH Neil.

So, "Who is best"? Neil wins hands down.

"Who do I like most"? Hard to say. I like the Beatles far far more than the Who or Rush put together, so I'd have to go with Ringo based on that. As an individual? I dunno.

But we have to consider the time periods which they played.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Lennon was kidding when he said this. If we know one thing about John Lennon is that he loved to joke. And Paul played drums in Dear Prudence and Back In The USSR as well. But, who did John choose for his plastic ono band? He sure as hell didnt go and get pete best.

He also had Yoko as a singer for that band so that argument is pretty empty.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online