Dream Theater (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

That is easily the best album ;) I also like Images and Words, but that might be only because I like Metropolis Part 1.

I'm still trying to figure out what Metropolis is about. I figured out that Nicholas is going to a Hypnotherapist to remember something.[track 1]

I figured out that Victoria came to The Miracle for comfort (I think) but I can't figure out why[track 8], but was married or in a relationship with the Sleeper, and was actually in love with the Sleeper [track 12].
I also figured out that The Miracle killed Victoria, and then killed the Sleeper, and made it look like the Sleeper killed Victoria, then killed himself [track 12].
Presumably, the Miracles was the "witness" in track 6, and lied about what he saw.

I just can't figure out where Nicholas comes in. Is he the father of Victoria? Anyone know?

Victoria was Nicholas in a past life. For the most part you have the whole concept figured out. The Miracle is Victoria's lover Julian and The Sleeper is his brother Edward. Julian and Victoria get into a fight over his drinking and she turns to his brother for comfort. She is vulnerable Edward sleeps with her. Then there is the part about murder which you got right. Then at the end Nicholas goes home after discovering what happened through his sessions with the hypnotherapist, though in the end the hypnotherapist kills Nicholas in the same way that Victoria is murdered because he is the reincarnation of Edward, thus completing the cycle once again.

I'm a big fan of Dream Theater myself. "Scenes From A Memory" is my favorite followed by "Images and Words" and then their latest album. They all are really very phenomenal musicians and with their last album charting as well as it did I'm glad they are finally starting to get more recognition as they deserve it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of Dream Theater myself. "Scenes From A Memory" is my favorite followed by "Images and Words" and then their latest album. They all are really very phenomenal musicians and with their last album charting as well as it did I'm glad they are finally starting to get more recognition as they deserve it.

I totally agree, DT deserves more recognition. DT isn't the type of music you would hear on a radio station so getting the concepts and music out to the public is purely from an outstanding musicianship standpoint.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Great summation Cosmic, it's depth like that which makes a concept album worthwhile, and why I am a big fan when they are done right.:)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I totally agree, DT deserves more recognition. DT isn't the type of music you would hear on a radio station so getting the concepts and music out to the public is purely from an outstanding musicianship standpoint.

Yeah. The same thing Iron Maiden had to go through back in the day. Dream Theater songs by themselves are tricky anyway...Personally I think of Dream Theater in terms of albums because of how they all go together in perfect continuity. Plus with many of their songs being well past the length of singles I don't see them working their way to the radio so well. "Wither" of their last album I think is the closest thing Dream Theater has ever written to a single, and I absolutely loved it. One of the best things they have done in the last decade I think, as well as the rest of the album.

Great summation Cosmic, it's depth like that which makes a concept album worthwhile, and why I am a big fan when they are done right.:)

Thanks. "Scenes From A Memory" is a top 5 album for me so I know my way around it. :D
I'm quite the fan of concept albums. Some of my favorite albums are concept albums.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Agreed Dyllon...and Cosmic Harmony knows a thing or two about DT and to that I say CHEERS!!! :cheers:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I am getting heavily into this band at the moment and they were a stand out act at Download last summer absolutely brilliant.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yeah I hear they do good live shows. I'd love to seem them sometime.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

They have the same kind of stage command as Rush, I just respect their confidence in their ability.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am getting heavily into this band at the moment and they were a stand out act at Download last summer absolutely brilliant.

I have everything except their bootlegs Sox and agree a great band. Nice to see you in here with the rest of us fans, in another place I used to visit the mere mention of DT would bring the trolls running with their flame guns...:lmao:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online