Don't know what happened but last few days forum is exremely lagging for me.

Berserker

Reaction score
Did you use the registry cleaner in ccleaner? Registry cleaners destroy systems and I would advise against this.

While you have task manager up, check the memory usage too.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
It took me about 10 minutes to get onto the forum today. I got the classic rock forum heading and the plain brown page and nothing else for a while.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Did you use the registry cleaner in ccleaner? Registry cleaners destroy systems and I would advise against this.

While you have task manager up, check the memory usage too.

Yes I would never advise using one of those programs, they are rubbish. I used one years ago on my ancient win 98 machine and it was never the same afterwards. You are far better off just doing a clean reinstall of your OS if you think it's slowing down noticeably.

I have logged into the forum using all 3 of my PC's this morning and it loaded no problem, but for those of you that are here in the early morning hours, sometimes the lag is due to the back-up cycle the server goes through every night.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No foolin' you mighty TS.;)

Most likely it will be 4 by December, I feel the urge to build another one coming on.

:heheh:

However I usually do my online stuff on my laptop now, the other two are for different purposes, but whenever a member or myself has trouble logging in I'll check to see if it's the forum that's responsible or something on their end.

Berserker

Reaction score
Lordy your daylight hours aren't the same as Redneck's. To rule out the server backup, post the time of day in utc so we can all login at that time and see if it's slow. Redneck, do you remember what time it was when it was frozen?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can't remember the exact time Shaggy's set the back up cycle but it's early in the morning for us. Used to be between 12:30am-1:00am mountain standard time NA.

Berserker

Reaction score
that's utc 0700.

To convert to Russian or any time you add or subtract the UTC time zone number.

My time zone is UTC-5 so 7-5 = 2, 2:30 AM.

Russia uses time zones UTC+3 through UTC+12 so 7+3 = 10:00 AM

7+12 = 25, there are only 24 hours in the day so 1:00 AM.

So depending on where Redneck lives, if she is logging in any time between 10:00 AM and 1:30 AM, which is likely, she could be logging in at backup time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Standart_Time_Zones_2012.png

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online