Doc Neeson and The Angels

dugmeister

Reaction score
I first saw Doc and "Angel City" in 1981 in Alaska - they ROCKED!!! Then in the late 90's I had the chance to work in Australia and they had reformed - saw 4 more of their shows. One in particular was the Lounge Lizard Acoustic Tour - and took the entire family. My 8 year old son, (up in the front with me); caught Doc's eye - and he grabbed my kid and took him up on stage with him .. what a thrill. After the show he was SO DAMN kind and gracious to us as we pestered him for autographs and photos. It was a dream come true for me.

About 6 months later, we saw them again at an outdoor gig - we saw Doc behind this fence as he was prepping to go on stage. This dude came up to us and said "How's Jeff?" That is my son's name... He remembered his damn name.

I myself have had a drunken moment where I stumbled... big deal.. he had a few.. Doc Neeson is a STAND UP GUY in my book - nothing will ever change that.

A true blue stand up guy. Plus in Aus.. everyone seems to tie one on every now and then... at least that was my perception...

M

Music Lover

I've met Doc on a number of social occasions and each time he has been charming, intelligent, witty and the perfect gentleman. As for his talent as a performer, his charisma and stage craft leaves the lasting impression of a truly great Artist. Sure he gets drunk occasionally, don't we all? Doc suffers chronic pain with a bad back, and despite this he shows his love for his fans by performing with energy and passion. Sometimes it takes its toll. Let's stop this critical talk and acnowledge Doc's significant contribution as an Aussie Music Legend.

Rah

Reaction score
I've had the honor of working with Doc Neeson on a Music Video for the band Blow in 2011 and and the SOS Rally and Kick the CAN Rally. He is a wonderfully intelligent man who's virtue inspires action from the star struck and ambivalent. At our first production meeting he told me he studied film at University but at the time there was not much opportunity in it. So being of a creative mind he decided to play music ironic right?! I've been lucky enough to have some amazing conversations with Doc. He is an inspiration to me, and it's disheartening to hear posts about living legends being caught in their weaker moments. The Angels have been around for over 30 years, and have had a colorful and tumultuous career. Revere our living legends remember them for their talents and remember their human. His heart and mind are bigger than most and thats what is awe inspiring about him. So here is a taste of what he has done in 2012

Doc Neeson - Marseilles - St Peters,Sydney - 26.8.2012 - Bobmetallicafreak - YouTube
"Endless Night" by BLOW - YouTube

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I feel pretty bad I started this thread in such a negative way :(

Poor Doc has been diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour. That is just horrible and Chris Bailey the Angels bass player is battling cancer of the jaw.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.