Doc Neeson and The Angels

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I saw something sad the other night. I was with some friends and we had had a good night out in a club. As we were leaving we saw a really drunk old bloke staggering around and when he fell over we went over to help him. We called a taxi for him and he kept saying "I'm famous you know". When he told us who he was, we were really surprised and a bit sad because he very obviously is an alcoholic. It was Doc Neeson who sang with a popular Australian 70's band - The Angels.

Reaction score
The land down under pumps out a lot of great pub/bar rock bands don't they? and sort of a depressing incident I suppose:think:
It's very weird to realize your heroes or role models are only human..
their two songs you posted were cool though, I think they'd have much more of an impact live, or even on DVD:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I saw something sad the other night. I was with some friends and we had had a good night out in a club. As we were leaving we saw a really drunk old bloke staggering around and when he fell over we went over to help him. We called a taxi for him and he kept saying "I'm famous you know". When he told us who he was, we were really surprised and a bit sad because he very obviously is an alcoholic. It was Doc Neeson who sang with a popular Australian 70's band - The Angels.

That must of been a real surreal moment! If I see a drunk lush where I live they always turn out to be a ummmm....drunk lush! :heheh:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
THE ANGELS were called ANGEL CITY....over here in the U.K....to avoid confusion with..ahem my fave band ANGEL. They tried to push them over here around the "Dark room" LP..but failed to make any impact....

Last edited:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Just watched a repeat of last night's episode of "Spicks and Specks" and Doc Neeson was on. He had two stories that he shared that I found interesting:

1. He did gigs (presumably for the soldiers) in Afghanistan and Iraq. During his travels there, his plane was targetted by lock-on missiles. Almost all the evasive tactics used failed, and when it finally was evaded, the missile missed the plane by about 1 metre. That's enough to make anyone drink!

2. The Angels were touring as a support act for Ray Davies and the Kinks in the mid-80's throughout the U.S. They were getting good reaction, and became a rarity - a support act called on for encores. 2 days before they supported the Kinks at the Madison Square Garden - a make or break gig as far as their American promotion was concerned - Ray Davies, who had make no secret of his concern at the Angels outperforming him, dropped the Angels from the tour.

I just found those stories interesting, and thought I'd share :)

R

ralph

Hi guys,
Just read your letter about doc neeson . I must say i was absolutely shocked . he is an unbeleivable guy and performer. one of the best performers from perth and to hear he is down and out. But i suppose it is just like becoming a pensioner you are forgotten. does the nation just forget him.

hey sunny i am glad i stumbled accross youtr mssage even though it is sad

ralph

Saraaaaahhhh

Reaction score
Poor Doc :(

I saw him live this year at canberra australia at some car show and have to say....the angels (infact just doc really) had nothing on an angels cover band. the guy could barely speak let alone sing. i feel really bad for him.. although i did see the brewster brothers over the weekend and dave gleeson on the screaming sets went on and belted out afew angels classics! totally killer!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online