Disarmonia Mundi - The Isolation Game (2009)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
DISARMONIA MUNDI - THE ISOLATION GAME

2gspou8.jpg

When it comes to Melodic Death Metal, there are few things that are key to making it sound...well, good. The vocalist or vocalists, the guitarist, and I guess basically anything that would make any other band in any other genre sound good. In this instance however, Disarmonia Mundi has got everything to a full effect. The vocalists are powerful, the guitar riffs are phenomenal, and everything about the band, including album art, is amazing.

The Isolation Game is the first of 3 albums that I listened to when I first discovered this band through last.FM. And i'd be lying if I said they weren't becoming my favorite band, because honestly, they really are. I can listen to them, and just feel great, especially when I really need to release some steam. There's something about hearing heavy growls and powerful guitar riffs that makes a bad mood slowly fade away. I know what you're thinking..."death metal is angry music". Not always. Some of the lyrics in some of Disarmonia's songs are incredible. Especially in Perdition Haze:

In this perdition haze I have lost my soul
In this perdition haze you're not alone

I can read those lyrics specifically and yes, I can see anger in them, but I can also see that it's about something else. Love perhaps? I don't know. But it's not always strictly anger. There's always something extra, maybe i'm crazy for saying that.

Anyway, short review, but everybody should check this album out. Especially if you're a fan of the melodic death metal scene.

5/5

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online