Dio/Rainbow-ish bands?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The Zool album is about as close in style to Dio era Rainbow as you are likely to find .Narval is more of a cross between Dio and Dio era Rainbow w/ prog elements .If you are looking for bands that do not have a strong metal element that are inspired by Rainbow ( RJD era ) all I can say is good luck in your search .

tribalfusion

Reaction score
The Zool album is about as close in style to Dio era Rainbow as you are likely to find .Narval is more of a cross between Dio and Dio era Rainbow w/ prog elements .If you are looking for bands that do not have a strong metal element that are inspired by Rainbow ( RJD era ) all I can say is good luck in your search .

Thanks that was my impression as well :)

I do appreciate your suggestions and if you can come up with any, even those which are more metal, I would definitely look into them as well

Take care

joe

Reaction score
I think maybe I found something for ya. The band is Alkana from California who only had one release Welcome To My Paradice from 1978. I picked it up on vinyl 20 years ago.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Craig Gruber has formed a new supergroup of sorts called "Ed3n" with Vinny Appice, Jeff Fenholt & Rowan Robertson, so given the membership, it might well be very similar to Rainbow's first three albums. Their debut album is being released later this year, so fingers crossed it's alright!

tribalfusion

Reaction score
Craig Gruber has formed a new supergroup of sorts called "Ed3n" with Vinny Appice, Jeff Fenholt & Rowan Robertson, so given the membership, it might well be very similar to Rainbow's first three albums. Their debut album is being released later this year, so fingers crossed it's alright!

Thanks I will take a look into that :)

tribalfusion

Reaction score
I think maybe I found something for ya. The band is Alkana from California who only had one release Welcome To My Paradice from 1978. I picked it up on vinyl 20 years ago.

Thanks for that. New to me and a nice classic heavy rock sound though I am not sure I am hearing the epic Rainbow sound so much here...they remind me more of early Judas Priest actually and maybe bands more like Budgie

tribalfusion

Reaction score
One more. Steamroller by Poobah from 1978.

Thanks for the clips...I had forgotten about this band. A good classic rock sound but not really similar to Rainbow; definitely more in the classic American hard rock tradition.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess we can keep pluggin' away at this until something strikes your fancy. How about U.D.O....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online