Dinosaur Jr (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: "Dinosaur Jr."

CH, don't give up! They're definitely a grower! Although it takes a while to get used to Mascis' voice, the distorted guitar or the wall of noise they occasionally generate, the more you listen the more you'll come to love them!

Anyway, my favourite song from them is also off Farm, (One of their all time best) I Don't Wanna Go There:

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Dinosaur Jr

Oh I so love this band, one of my faves, I have all their albums plus with the fog. I have seen them about 3 times and they are still awesome.
J Mascis has such a distinct voice, rather like Robert Smith and Neil Young with some real good feedback you just can't beat them. Check out J Mascis doing, "Leaving On A Jetplane"
by John Denver from a b-side of a single.

This is one of my faves.....:bow:

and this.....

and this little bobby dazzler...........

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

Great, under rated band. It's pretty clear that Kurt Cobain spent a lot of time listening to ...All Over Me and Bug as his combination of noise and melody echoed DJ's sound. I was apprehensive about the new records too, but both Beyond and Farm are solid (if not groundbreaking) records. Sonically they sound more like the more polished 90's records then the earlier indie stuff.

Fun fact: Dinosaur Jr was originally called Dinosaur but were forced to change their name after being sued by the San Fransisco Bay area supergroup Dinosaur, consisting of of Peter Albin of Big Brother and the Holding Company, John Cipollina of Quicksilver Messenger Service, Papa John Creach of Hot Tuna, Spencer Dryden of Jefferson Airplane, Robert Hunter of the Grateful Dead, Barry Melton of Country Joe and The Fish and Merl Saunders from the Saunders-Garcia Band.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I was a little apprehensive on some of them but was hooked pretty quickly, the last time I saw them was last year in Sheffield in a little club and they were a winner in my house, lots of fuzzy guitar and hair.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Dinosaur Jr

This band are excellent, with frontman J Mascis's droning vocals which IMO make the band. I love hteir style and hope they continue for sometime to come.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Bumping this thread haha.

Been listening to them alot since they pull me out of depressde moods.

Dinosaur Jr and Nirvana are with out question two of my favorite bands of all time. They both sit at #1 for me.

Seeing them live when they come back around.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

They are playing London with The Flaming Lips next year, I may think about going but will probably be catching some new bands. Will be a good gig as they are going to play the Bug album :)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Already been posted but I really love Feel the Pain. Just feels completely 90s for me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online