"Def Leppard doesn't get the respect they deserve."-Joe Elliott

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I like old Leppard a ton but gave up after Hysteria came out. Not that it wasn't a well made album, just not what I wanted to hear from them. Anyway, despite many people like myself not buying their newer material, they have retained more than enough fans to continue touring and selling out concerts..what more can a 'mature' band ask for? Critical acclaim has always meant squat to most musicians...all that matters is that people still want to come see you perform, and Joe knows this. Odd comments for him to make.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Everyone rags on Hysteria (album and song), but I tell you what...put this on, get a little close to me, and I'm yours. This song does something to me. ;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dunno why people rag on Hysteria, that was their major peak album.
I preferred their heavier stuff on High n Dry but thats just me.

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
blabbermouth

DEF LEPPARD Singer Says His Band Doesn't Get Respect It Deserves - Aug. 17, 2011
According to Australia's long-running rock station Triple M, DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has slammed the British music press for allegedly not giving his band the respect it deserves.

Elliott told Triple M: "I was having a little bit of a bitch to the press because… there are certain glossy magazines in England that will do nothing except put McCartney/Lennon, Springsteen, Michael Stipe, Bono, blah blah blah… on the front cover and they think people like us and Jon Bon Jovi and Lemmy and anybody that's not Michael Stipe or Bruce Springsteen… they think that we're like morons and stupid."

He's comparing himself to Lennon and McCartney? Really? Wow.

Hey Joe, ignore the press and listen to your fans. They are all that should matter to you.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.