Deep Purple (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Deep Purple

Woah, I ment the US.

You mean you don't feel the band got the respect/success in the States that they deserved? You might be right, my answer was just to show they did get massive support elsewhere, not the first time a band has done better abroad than in the U.S. market.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

One of my faves this band, Love In Rock, Machine Head, Fireball, Who Do We Think We Are and Burn best of all, some of their later stuff is good too when they reformed mark II line up.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Some of my friends in here have "In Rock" and "Burn" rated higher than Machine Head, of course I disagree on that point.:D

Well once upon a time ago I would've ranked "In Rock" higher but times have changed and I think "Machine Head" is their best studio album. "Made in Japan" is the best overall album though. :D

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score

I love the Deep Purple Mk II lineup

Deep Purple
Deep Purple in Rock
Machine Head
Burn
Stormbringer

Some of my favs, never been a big fan of Fireball to be honest.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^They are sure to have a good night Sunny. The band put on a great show, I have really enjoyed their gigs though it's a few years since I last saw them. I wish I was going. :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

^^^They are sure to have a good night Sunny. The band put on a great show, I have really enjoyed their gigs though it's a few years since I last saw them. I wish I was going. :grinthumb

I wish I was going too! I will be working that night :wa

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

My favorite album from them was Purpendicular, which came out around 1996. Chock full of good songs, none of which received any decent amount of radio play. I'll never forget ordering it as a free selection from the BMG Music Club, just to see how the new lineup sounded. I was very impressed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online