Deep Purple (Official Thread)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Re: Deep Purple

Never been a huge DP fan but I've gone on a few Purple binges in the last 10 years or so. I saw them in 2001. I knew Steve Morse was in the band but I had not heard any of the albums he was in up to that point. I honestly have to say I dig this version of DP a lot more than Mark II. The show I attended produced a DVD titled "Perehelion."

51JBHR528SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty good DVD. I especially love the jamming and dualing between Jon Lord and Steve Morse. Highly recommended DVD.

:tup:

Sunrise Musical Theater. My old stomping grounds.
I moved from South Florida months before that show. I saw them there on the first tour with Steve Morse before Purpendicular was released. They did Ted The Mechanic and the Purpendicular Waltz from the new album and they sounded great.

Next year Morse will have more time with Deep Purple than Blackmore - 17 years.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Holy Crap Telecat that is amazing...Steve has surpassed his time in Dixie Dregs by years, and I still always think of him in DD when I hear his name,,,then I remember he joined Purple and has not looked back ever since.

Once I finish catching up with Thin Lizzy, I'm going on a Purple fest...play their whole Discography in order.:guitar:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Next year Morse will have more time with Deep Purple than Blackmore - 17 years.

How time passes.

This sentence makes me think about how Johnny Van Zant has now tripled the time that his late brother spent singing for Skynyrd, something that always pops into my head anytime I listen to Skynyrd.

Damn, I'm sorry to go off-topic there! :rolleyes:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I have been playing "Come Taste The Band" again recently and though for me it's not up there with "In Rock" and "Machine Head" I still rate it, especially through the head phones at full tilt.:phones:

You Keep On Moving

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I will be getting to Purple this weekend, I am almost done Thin Lizzy now.

I am especially looking forward to Steve Morse's contributions, I hate to admit it but I totally lost track of these guys after the 80's, Perfect Strangers was my last album for a long time.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^I am gonna get the "Perfect Strangers " album out now that you've mentioned it cos it's a belter and I look forward to the Steve Morse contributions.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

"Perfect Strangers" was a "Corker"...:D...and now that I think about it, it was one of the last vinyl records I ever purchased. I stopped collecting music at that point for a few years, a combination of waiting for the digital transition to finish and being preoccupied doing other things.

Made up for it big time though beginning in the 90's, and now music has regained it's place as an essential part of my life again.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^I didn't start collecting cd's till 1990 but I have certainly been bitten hard by the bug. I don't recall my last vinyl purchase but I can't see me ever clearing the old LP collection out.

Perfect Strangers

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Lost most of mine in a fire years ago, I think I have about 100 vinyl's left now. I inherited a bunch from my Mom when she passed away, but they are old and worn out mostly, she didn't collect them to look at, she played them constantly.:D

When I heard that song on the radio Sox, I went and bought the album the next time I was in the mall.:rock:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I agree with your Mother there LG, a fair number of my LP's ended up being played with a coin bluetacked to the needle head to stop the jumps and slides. I just about played out the record grooves and got through a boat load of stylus's. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online