Deep Purple (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of DP I got this set on order on Ebay for pretty cheap.
Original+Album+Classics.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the battle rages on.
Same here.
3 good albums there, Slaves and masters was pretty good, remember when it came out and I worked in a music store, didn't sell too well but I used to play it all the time at work:)

Only one I heard is The Battle so far, keen to hear that again and the other 2. :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I was on The Battle Rages On tour and they were brilliant, is a good album, again I haven't heard that in ages, so many albums, so little time:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Love Machine Head and In Rock they are two classic albums that stand the test of time IMO, everyone should have them in their collection, my guess for you LG is a 180g vinyl:hm:

As a matter of fact I do have a new 180 gram vinyl edition of Machine Head Master of the Diamond 9.2's, I ordered it from Soundstage Direct as soon as I saw it last winter.:D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I can imagine it sounds excellent, the CD version I have was purchased some years ago and has a quadrophonic mix of the album, sounded good at the time on my old Wharfies:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Some of the quadrophonic mixes are excellent, I have 4 Doobie Brother master tape quality mixes and they do sound amazing...hard to explain the difference in words it's something you have to experience first hand to really appreciate.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It is hard to axplain, I remember listening to it and thinking this is excellent, it is the only quadrophonic CD I have. I would not buy the new Machine Head, I think they are trying to squeeze more out of everybody again.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree I am chuffed to have a brand new vinyl edition and have no interest in the latest offering.:nw:

My CD is good too but there's nothing like the old wax for legendary 70's rock music.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online