Deep Purple (Official Thread)

gorgon

Reaction score
Thanks Electric Funeral. I thought my dad was pretty damn cool when I got older and got to know him as a friend.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I was hanging out with my Dad one night, I was 14, telling him how much heavier the bands I listen to were than his generations "dinosaurs". That's when he smiled and walked over to his turn table and put on Deep Purple - Machine Head. I was the type of kid that had to be shown something to believe it. I bought a Machine Head cassette shortly thereafter and kept my big mouth shut when he was talking about music.

That is a great story, I am like that too have to be shown some things before I will believe, I am also late at getting into some bands I should have been into years ago but...always learning I am....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Been learning the organ intro bit of Child In Time. I must say it's getting pretty well, got like 80% right. Such a powerful song, amazing what they came up with using just simple 3 chords.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is a topper song, one of my faves on the album:)

Love the song, the album was different to the usual I expected of DP but its pretty damn good music.
In fact Ill go out on a limb and say Slaves and Masters has crept into my top 5-6 DP albums, depends how I enjoy The Battle Rages On and Purpendicular.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I remember buying it about a month after it was released, didn't sell too well if my memory serves me well, well not in my shop anyway. Great album, fave tracks are fire in the basement and The cut runs deep.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Been learning the organ intro bit of Child In Time. I must say it's getting pretty well, got like 80% right. Such a powerful song, amazing what they came up with using just simple 3 chords.

I am still to taken aback by what Jon Lord managed to conjure up Nolo he fills so much space. He was/is and always will be my No 1 keyboard wizzard.:bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the bluesy sound of Ramshackle Man. Glad I got the copy of The Battle Rages On, this is a superb album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having heard The Battle Rages On another couple of times I actually have it in my top 5 favourite DP albums, same with Slaves and Masters.

shazzam

Reaction score
I could just not get into any of the later DP albums like I did "Machine Head" and "Fireball". The last good Purple record for me was "Burn". I should probably try to take a listen to some of the newer material again and see if I can get more into it.
Love Deep Purple though, those early Purple albums are legendary and the Rock Hall of Fame should be ashamed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.