Deep Purple (Official Thread)

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I saw Deep Purple back in 1972 at the Felt Forum that was below the old Madison Square Garden. They were LOUD ! but soooo good. Their best collections IMO are "Machine Head" "Who Do We Think We Are" "Made In Japan" "Burn" "In Rock" "Come Taste The Band" and I know alot of people are going to think I'm crazy but I like "Bananas" with Steve Morse. Richie Blackmore was & is one of the greatest guitarist ever - behind Clapton,Page,Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan but he is out there wierd. I have a concert dvd where you see Richie throw water right at Jon Lord,I believe this was his last show with them. When Richie left I thought that's it for Deep Purple. Boy was I wrong. When I heard Steve Morse was joinging the band I couldn't believe it,I remembered his name from the Dixie Dreggs but wasn't into them. Morse put life back into the band and when I saw this version of Purple a couple of years ago in Atlantic City he seemed like he def had bonded with the other members. I'll tell you that show was a surprise...they did the whole Machine Head album as well as more current numbers. They were awesome. Rock On Steve. BTW I do like "Fireball" but it's a little bit all over the place but it's good. I don't know what happened on Stormbringer. It just lays there,but one bad album out of how many good & great ones - not bad.

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :woot:

Recky

Reaction score
I saw Purple on the Perfect Strangers tour at the Sydney EntCent wayyyyy back in 84, my uncle tells me I saw them at Randwick racecourse..but I think his getting 'em mixed up with Zep, who I definately saw at Randwick...fave album...Machine Head and I have a bit of fondness for Stormbringer as well....

reck'n'roll: A Very Purple Blog

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Such a long time since I listened to the Stormbringer album. Love this song Love Don't Mean A Thing. :)

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Have recently fallen absolutely in love with this band. Have been a fan for a long time, but I started watching some documentaries & 'making-of's, & went completely over the moon for them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.