Deep Purple (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree, if I had a large house I would buy some heavy vinyl and a great deck and I would annoy everyone with loud music:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^And a pint of the finest and Old Ent for company and you'd be set Sweaty.:hab:

:heheh:

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
My favorite would have to be In Rock. Burn & Machine head are close behind, but Child In Time. Enough said. Probably my favorite epic Rock song of all time, up there with Kashmir.

Speaking of which, I was listening to Perfect Strangers the other day, & I think the version of Child on there is my favorite. Gillan sounds insanely good. By a few years later he'd mostly lost the upper range, but the performance here is spot on. I like it even better than the 70's ones. (Blasphemy, I know)

Love the battle rages on.

Same here. I see it get a lot of shit, but I think it's pretty good. As a matter of fact, I see most of their post Mk III albums get a lot of derision, though that's usually by people who never gave them the time of day.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't wait till them CD's come in, Ill firstly be cranking up The Battle Rages On.

E-Z

Reaction score
I had a re-listen to SLAVES & MASTERS about 3-months ago you know the album that features Joe Lynn Turner on vocals and I just wanna tell ya Metalhead's it ain't as bad as I thought it was 20 years ago!!.

I saw the SLAVES & MASTERS tour at the Hammersmith Odeon (England) back in 1991 and i guess it was an average night nothing special?.

LONG LIVE RCK 'n' ROLL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slaves And Masters I am enjoying honestly more than some of the classic 70s stuff. Quickly becoming a favourite of the band.
Fire in the Basement I love.

gorgon

Reaction score
My CD is good too but there's nothing like the old wax for legendary 70's rock music.:tup:

I was hanging out with my Dad one night, I was 14, telling him how much heavier the bands I listen to were than his generations "dinosaurs". That's when he smiled and walked over to his turn table and put on Deep Purple - Machine Head. I was the type of kid that had to be shown something to believe it. I bought a Machine Head cassette shortly thereafter and kept my big mouth shut when he was talking about music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online