David Bowie (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Everyone is just in a Bowie mood I guess. :heheh:

Personally LG, I'd put "Reality" (which came out almost ten years ago at this point) at a tie with "Earthling" as Bowie's best albums since the early 80's. It's definitely a very good album that I'd recommend checking out. :good

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Of all people I should have known you'd have it, Priest. :heheh:

In the 20 year period that David was releasing albums in after the early 80's they were kind of hit and miss but "Earthing", "Reality", and "Heathen" were all really great. :grinthumb

Here's a good one from the latter, "Afraid"....

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Everyone is just in a Bowie mood I guess. :heheh:

Personally LG, I'd put "Reality" (which came out almost ten years ago at this point) at a tie with "Earthling" as Bowie's best albums since the early 80's. It's definitely a very good album that I'd recommend checking out. :good

I'll have to give both a listen. Thanks for the recs.

Bocephus

Reaction score
I love Bowie, got all his albums. My personal favourite solo artist of the 70's (even better than Elton and Stevie Wonder in the 70's).
However, i don't rate his music too highly post Scary Monsters, he was spent after the 70's (like The Stones).
The Tin Machine albums were decent, and i like some of his indiviual songs from 1981 onwards, but as far as albums go, nah.
One of the reasons i rank Elton a little higher than Bowie overall is Elton made some fine albums after his prime.

TB_

Reaction score
Decided to finally listen to Bowie yesterday, and holy shit he's good!
I heard space oddity first, and I thought it was strange. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But after listening to it a couple of more times, it became one of my favorite songs instantly.

I just get this happy feeling when I hear it, and I just have to sing along to it. Kind of like bohemian rhapsody.

He has got many other awesome songs as well. And they all get better and better the more I listen to them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is pretty cool Beethoven, I've never written a letter to any of my favorite musicians.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online