David Bowie (Official Thread)

gabriel cash

Reaction score
Re: "The Official" David Bowie Thread

i'm probably the only one who loves the young americans album. except for the awful song fame

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^At first I wasn't a big fan of "Fame" either Gabriel, but when I revisited that album a few years later I didn't mind the song at all, and now I rather like it.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

The more I hear Bowies latest songs, the more I long for The Spiders from Mars :):):)

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I can agree with that S&L, I think his early albums are his best, and my favorites.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I think David's earlier albums were his best too but that's not to say that I don't enjoy his work from the 80's onward either. "Scary Monsters (And Super Freaks)" was his last really great album but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy albums like "Let's Dance", "Earthing", "Reality", or "Black Tie White Noise". Tin Machine however just wasn't very good...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Scary Monsters is where my Bowie odyssey ends Cosmic...I didn't hate Let's Dance but never bought a copy.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Lady, I still like Bowie a lot, just something shifted at that point in time and I stopped collecting his music.

There is a copy laying around here somewhere, my little brother left his old vinyl here when he moved to the coast, but I haven't played it in decades.:peek

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online