Criminal Case Begins Over “Hotel California” Hand Written Lyrics

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Not long ago Don Henley made a huge stink about people downloading any Eagle song for free.. This lawsuit dosn't surprise me at all since he is hell bent on changing internet music policies so he can cash in. Yes I get it that royalties are how musicians make a living, but technology has made it easy to record any song you want without paying for it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not long ago Don Henley made a huge stink about people downloading any Eagle song for free.. This lawsuit dosn't surprise me at all since he is hell bent on changing internet music policies so he can cash in. Yes I get it that royalties are how musicians make a living, but technology has made it easy to record any song you want without paying for it.
I recorded music as a kid with a cassette recorder. i have been a pirate for years.
But I have also bought a lot of music over the years…in multiple platforms like concerts, albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, and CD’s. Now I pay Spotify to have decent music in a vehicle.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Well.....not defending Henley here but if they are his lyric sheets in his handwriting then they probably belong to him. The story is he loaned them to this guy doing a biography of the band in the 80's but the book deal floundered and he never gave them back to Henley. I seriously doubt Henley intended for this guy to keep them.
BTW...Don Felder actually wrote the basic melody line/structure to the song and Henley and Frey wrote the lyrics.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online