CRF's Greatest Singers Results: #50-1

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Not a single soul singer on the entire list. Even Otis Redding or Aretha Franklin couldn't scare up the necessary two or three votes to make the top 50. Wow.

Nololob tallied up the votes before me and used a scoring system that was (admittedly) simpler than mine and Otis did make the list, but when I added everything up Otis got bumped off by Boston's Brad Delp (whom, as much as I love Otis, I think is a better singer and am happier that he made it). Otis ended up just missing the list at #51.

However, just judging from the attitude of your blogs I have a feeling that even if Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin had made the list you would have criticized it for them not being at #1 and #2. :bonk:

This is one thing i'm confused about, when does the voting happen? All I ever see is people giving the list for who they think is the better singer, but no voting.

Uh....there was a voting thread open for like two months that determined the results of this thread, Primey.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Uh....there was a voting thread open for like two months that determined the results of this thread, Primey.

:bonk: I must've completely missed it then. I wasn't questioning you or anything, just confusion on my own part, the outcome I like, I just didn't know how it got to that point, but I could've easily just missed it. Or something.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
:bonk: I must've completely missed it then. I wasn't questioning you or anything, just confusion on my own part, the outcome I like, I just didn't know how it got to that point, but I could've easily just missed it. Or something.

Uh....I don't know if you know this or not but you voted it it, Primey. :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Uh....I don't know if you know this or not but you voted it it, Primey. :heheh:

Ok, I know that thread, I participated in it.

I guess i'm confused as to how the voting thing works. All I saw people do is listing names who they thought would be good rating 1 to 15. Is it not traditional voting? I guess i'm not understanding the way the voting works.

Again, not questioning you, just trying to understand better.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Ok, I know that thread, I participated in it.

I guess i'm confused as to how the voting thing works. All I saw people do is listing names who they thought would be good rating 1 to 15. Is it not traditional voting? I guess i'm not understanding the way the voting works.

Again, not questioning you, just trying to understand better.

First post in that thread explained it:

*Each person gets up to 15 votes for any singer or vocalist of their choice. You may vote for anyone from any genre or time period.

*Rank them from #1 to #15. The #1 slot will get more points than the #2 slot and so on and so forth.

*At the end of the voting process I'll add everyone's points up and post the results.

*Every member is allowed to vote. Admins, mods, and any other member (Including myself) are permitted to vote with everyone has the same, fair number of points.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
First post in that thread explained it:

Guess i'm not explaining my confusion clearly enough. I read through the rules. Perhaps I saw it differently than the rest did. I saw people just making lists of singers they thought would be good rating 1 thru 15. But I could have been looking at it differently than what was intended. Hence would probably explain my confusion.

But...I think I do understand it now that I think about it more.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
However, just judging from the attitude of your blogs I have a feeling that even if Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin had made the list you would have criticized it for them not being at #1 and #2. :bonk:

I think that I've made a whopping two blog posts about soul music and one of those was clearly meant to be sarcastic. Even so, the results of this poll sort of prove a point about the lack of appreciation for soul music here. There's a huge difference between being #1 and #2 and not making the top 50 at all.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I think that I've made a whopping two blog posts about soul music and one of those was clearly meant to be sarcastic. Even so, the results of this poll sort of prove a point about the lack of appreciation for soul music here. There's a huge difference between being #1 and #2 and not making the top 50 at all.

That's why it's called a ROCK forum.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Staff online

Members online