Creedence Clearwater Revival (Official Thread)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: Creedence Clearwater Revival

Cosmos Factory is great.

Love all CCR's stuff - their covers (Midnight Special, Heard it Through the Grapevine, Before You Accuse Me) and their originals (Proud Mary, Down on the Corner, Travelin' Band)

I also own the Greatest Hits and Cosmos Factory

T_Dude

Reaction score

I've gotten into CCR fairly recently (last 12 months or so), and managed to get most of the studio albums. Favourite songs are Born on the Bayou and Fortunate Son.

Does anyone have the Mardi Gras album? Is it as poor an album as most reviews suggest? Not sure whether to go for it or not.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm a fan of CCR, been listening to them for a few years now. Although I've only got a compilation, I've found that unlike most bands I'm a fan of, it's all I need from them :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

The only influence my dad ever had on me musically! They are tied with The Doors as my favorite Classsic Rock group. They have so much universal appeal that even your grandmother can like them and they had a spirited edge that even todays youth can enjoy it. I only have Chronicle but none of it has ever felt like filler which happens more often than I would expect with a lot of Best Of and Greatest Hits albums!

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score

Bayou Country is, as far as I'm concerned, CCR's best album. Not as hit laden as others, but maybe that works in it's favor. The biggest one here, Proud Mary, certainly makes up for the lack. Born on the Bayou eventually found it's way into the "best of" canon, but was more or less criminally overlooked for many years. CCR wasn't a consistently excellent band, but when they hit, they hit big. Bayou Country belongs in the collection of every classic rock fan on the strength of Graveyard Train alone.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online