Creed / Scott Stapp

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm divided on Creed! I thought the debut c.d. My Own Prison was great! :grinthumb I agree Magic, that One is a great song but I also liked:

My Own Prison

What's This Life For

The second c.d., Human Clay, while it had some decent tracks like Groovy Man posted, was really bland IMO and I never got into it.

The third, Weathered, picked back up for me and I thought it was their most ambitious effort in mixing their heavy and soft elements perfectly.

I even bought the Scott Stapp solo c.d. and this song is gorgeous!

Broken

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I have Weathered and Human Clay...they're not as bad as some people make them out to be.

One of my favorite tunes from Weathered is Who's Got My Back

Reaction score
I have two or three of their albums, I'll have to look what CD's I have, I actually planned on listening to them tonight or tomorrow night... I'll make it tonight though, I haven't listened to them in ages... I did here a song from them on the radio.. DJ said it was from their new album, but I don't know which it was, but I thought it was really bland unlike one of the older CD's/cassettes I have...:D

Reaction score
I listened to Creed again last night, I tried my "My Own Prison" CD and was a bit disappointed to be honest... I didn't get all the way through, I fell asleep, but it started off alright, they definitely nail the stereotypical sound you'd expect to hear from them, I guess they sort of pioneered that sound:heheh:
but the production sounded pretty lame, I really expected more, I was even listening on my good headphones and it sounded so muffled, but I guess I still like the band, just not something I'll listen to very often:confused:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I think Creed was a victim of their own making, of sorts. They were quickly (though unfairly, I think) labeled as Pearl Jam ripoffs after the release of their first single "My Own Prison" in 1997, and then Scott Stapp made sure everyone knew about his hardcore religious beliefs and upbringing, so they were then labeled as a Holy Roller band, which I think some/most rock fans tend to shy away from. Whether Scott Stapp's solo career bombed and that further damaged Creed as a band, well, I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

I personally didn't care about any of that, though. If they recorded good music that I like to listen to, that's all I cared about. And their first two CDs had plenty of good music on them. Their third CD Weathered from 2002 had a few good tunes on it, but overall not as strong as their earlier albums. I checked out Full Circle on iTunes and it sounds pretty aggressive, and processed through the "Nikelback filter" so it's ok if you like that sort of thing.

But in retrospect, bands like Creed, Puddle Of Mudd, Staind and Linkin Park all made good music back in the late 90's/early 2000's that still sounds good today- certainly better than any of that rap crap. :rolleyes:

vegasi

Reaction score
Creed Back On Tour!!

Creed is back! They will be touring the US this year.

Check out the dates

They also made a great video where they talk about playing together again. So pumped!!

Drifter

Reaction score
Re: Creed Back On Tour!!

Thanks for warning us in advance.

vegasi

Reaction score
Have you guys watched the new video they have posted?

Scott cut his hair off! Looks so different now.

Check out the video here (I don't know how to embed, if anyone does, please do it)

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Mike Tremonti makes Creed IMO and Alter Bridge. He mixes some classical style and a metal style kinda like Kirk Hammet.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tremonti is very versatile and has worked with one of my favorite guitarists, Michael Angelo Batio.

Tremonti plays guitar on "Hands Without Shadows" in the Deep Purple cover "Burn"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.