Covers, uncovers, remakes, etc.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is a part cover and part remake of Politician by Jack Bruce, Rory Gallagher and Brendan O'Neill. They should've formed a band:

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
Tori Amos version of Slayer's "Raining Blood" is chilling, haunting, dark and evil.

Sometimes, I think that Tori Amos is chilling, haunting, and dark. I'm not sure if I'd call her evil. If I was single, I'd think twice about wanting to date her.

Last edited:
Reactions: joe

AfterTomorrow

Reaction score
And now for something completely different ... if I may... one of the WORST covers of all time.
They did OK with the other covers on the album, (not great, but competent) but this one sucks big time.
From 'Garage Inc.', ladies and gentlemen, an absolute travesty.
Metallica and 'Turn the Page'. (And the video turns the song about life on the road, to one about prostitution!)
HATE IT!

Aero

Reaction score
And now for something completely different ... if I may... one of the WORST covers of all time.
They did OK with the other covers on the album, (not great, but competent) but this one sucks big time.
From 'Garage Inc.', ladies and gentlemen, an absolute travesty.
Metallica and 'Turn the Page'. (And the video turns the song about life on the road, to one about prostitution!)
HATE IT!

Agreed. The ridiculous video has nothing to do with the song.

Old Dude

Reaction score
Agreed. The ridiculous video has nothing to do with the song.

Don't forget, the bands don't always control what the label decides to do with the video. I have a copy of this song on my MP3 collection, but I got it from this video, which I now suspect was fan made. Seeing the "official" video took me by surprise.

Old Dude

Reaction score
An original, by a rocker who looks like a lady (and an ugly one, at that!)

Interesting take by the pop-tart who is the closest to being a rocker.

Old Dude

Reaction score
These are both versions of a movie soundtrack song. The original is from Streets of Fire. The remake is from the sequel (that at least four people have actually seen!) called Road to Hell.

If you're a Jim Steinman fan (as I am), the original is a good song, the remake is, uh, "interesting".

And is it just me, or does a nose ring make a girl look like a hand grenade?

The original

The remake

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.