Controversy, Art and Madness: The Official Kanye West Thread

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...also I do not want to contradict myself...cause I'm a pretty strong Beastie Boys fan and have all their works....and they sample in selected pieces...I guess that makes me a hypocrite I know...but I love the Beastie Boys' sound...not a bad track...but that's another thread! :flirt

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well Metal, "808's" has a hell of a lot less sampling which shows Kanye was able to get out of his comfort zone once again! :grinthumb

Say You Will

Why would she make calls out the blue?
Now I'm awake, sleep is immune

Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
Unless you will
Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
Then play you will
I pray you will

Mrs. So Fly crash lands in my room
Can't waste no time, she might leave soon

Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will (You do)
Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
One day you will
I pray you will

When I grab your neck, I touch your soul, uh
Take off your cool then lose control

Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
You will, you will
Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
If you will
I pray you will

I wish this song would really come true
I admit I still fantasize about you (About you)

Hey hey hey hey
Don't say you will
You will, you will
Hey hey hey hey
Please say you will
For real
I pray you will

This track mesmerized me from the start and it's tribal beats and choir background is simply a stunning, beautiful arrangement! I love how simple the beats are and from this track I knew I was listening to soul music. The use of autotune definitely does not affect the amount of emotion in Kanyes delivery. In fact, the effect just makes his presence bleed into the track. The lyrics are as vulnerable and honest as any breakup track I've seen and it's only the beginning! I love the choir and the beats once the vocals end! I could ride that beat even longer than what I'm given.! It's a very spiritual moment and the beginning of an ingenious album IMO. :grinthumb

Syd

Reaction score
Hi! I really like Kanye West. Also, love his attitude. It's part of his magic. I kinda see myself reflected in him. If i were rich and famous because of music, I'd be just like him jajaja.

I liked a lot his last album. 'Monster', 'Dark Fantasy', 'Power' are my favourites. I'll listen to all his records now and write what I think of them :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hi! I really like Kanye West. Also, love his attitude. It's part of his magic. I kinda see myself reflected in him. If i were rich and famous because of music, I'd be just like him jajaja.

I liked a lot his last album. 'Monster', 'Dark Fantasy', 'Power' are my favourites. I'll listen to all his records now and write what I think of them :D

I LOVE Monster! It's my favorite off of the last album! :grinthumb

Syd

Reaction score
I LOVE Monster! It's my favorite off of the last album! :grinthumb
Yes! My favourite too! Jaja.

I haven't heard the 808 or whatever album. I've tried to download it like a billion times. Now I'll look for it and listen to it. It must be pretty awesome :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yes! My favourite too! Jaja.

I haven't heard the 808 or whatever album. I've tried to download it like a billion times. Now I'll look for it and listen to it. It must be pretty awesome :D

Listen to the track, "Say You Will" that I put up in here and let me know what you think! That album stands out and is completely different than his other albums. It's a soul record! I love it! :grinthumb

Syd

Reaction score
Listen to the track, "Say You Will" that I put up in here and let me know what you think! That album stands out and is completely different than his other albums. It's a soul record! I love it! :grinthumb

Yes! It's truly a beautiful song. I'm going to download that album ASAP.

I don't know if you've heard it, but i really love the original version of Homecoming.

It's one of my favourites. :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
When I heard this song, I couldn't believe that it was actually Kanye singing and writing it. The uplifting piano notes contrast with the dark background beat, and it creates a sense of beauty that I never expected from a figure such as Kanye West!

:ec:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online