Coldplay (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: The Official Coldplay Thread

I didn't particularly like the vocals in the verses, Chris Martin should stick to what he does best - blistering, soaring long vocals, to my ears it didn't fit in right to the rest of the music. But maybe it'll grow on me. The chorus and ending are a success though as expected from Coldplay, they do know their way around a good chorus! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

My favorite song from the Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends release

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

That's an amazing song Prime. :grinthumb

I think my favorites are 42 and Strawberry Swing.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Hell yeah. Strawberry Swing is an amazing song too. Personally, a lot of people I know when that album released had only gotten it for Violet Hill and Viva La Vida, those two songs are great, but the whole album is filled with greatness. Especially Death And All His Friends. Not one bad song on the album in my opinion.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Hell yeah. Strawberry Swing is an amazing song too. Personally, a lot of people I know when that album released had only gotten it for Violet Hill and Viva La Vida, those two songs are great, but the whole album is filled with greatness. Especially Death And All His Friends. Not one bad song on the album in my opinion.

I don't even like those two songs. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, I never usually am too fond of their first single releases. Of course I liked Yellow, and it got me into them. But I didn't like Clocks, Speed of Sound or Viva la Vida. The rest of their albums are usually far superior to the single first released. I think that's why a lot of people hate Coldplay. They never get to fully experience them and judge them based on that song alone.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I don't even like those two songs. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, I never usually am too fond of their first single releases. Of course I liked Yellow, and it got me into them. But I didn't like Clocks, Speed of Sound or Viva la Vida. The rest of their albums are usually far superior to the single first released. I think that's why a lot of people hate Coldplay. They never get to fully experience them and judge them based on that song alone.

That's one of the big reasons why I don't listen to the singles when they're released. Because it really doesn't give me an in depth feel of what the album is going to sound like. Plus, if I listen to the single over and over again before the album is released, by the time I hear the song again within the album, it'll be old and i'd had over listened to it, thus I would have a hard time listening to the album. If I wait and get the album in full, i'll be able to experience each song with a fresh start. :grinthumb

I don't mind Clocks too much. It's a very emotional song for me, so it really hits me in the heart when I hear it. Viva La Vida is very catchy, and i've seen footage of it played live, and it's phenomenal. And I just straight up don't like Speed of Sound. It isn't one of Coldplay's finest songs, at all.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

That's one of the big reasons why I don't listen to the singles when they're released. Because it really doesn't give me an in depth feel of what the album is going to sound like. Plus, if I listen to the single over and over again before the album is released, by the time I hear the song again within the album, it'll be old and i'd had over listened to it, thus I would have a hard time listening to the album. If I wait and get the album in full, i'll be able to experience each song with a fresh start. :grinthumb

I don't mind Clocks too much. It's a very emotional song for me, so it really hits me in the heart when I hear it. Viva La Vida is very catchy, and i've seen footage of it played live, and it's phenomenal. And I just straight up don't like Speed of Sound. It isn't one of Coldplay's finest songs, at all.

I could name 5 songs off the top of my head from X&Y better than Speed of Sound:

Fix You
Talk
Kingdom Come
Square One
Twisted Logic

:grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I could name 5 songs off the top of my head from X&Y better than Speed of Sound:

Fix You
Talk
Kingdom Come
Square One
Twisted Logic

:grinthumb

I could name pretty much any song other than Speed of Sound on any of their releases and still have a list of songs that are better than Speed of Sound :grinthumb

It's probably the only Coldplay song I hate actually. And I don't normally hate songs.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I could name pretty much any song other than Speed of Sound on any of their releases and still have a list of songs that are better than Speed of Sound :grinthumb

It's probably the only Coldplay song I hate actually. And I don't normally hate songs.

True. It is quite corny, even for Coldplay.

But I'd say X&Y is the Coldplay album I know the best. It's just a superb album in general that makes you feel so calm and relaxed. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online