Classic Rock Christmas Songs

Reaction score
Bob Seger did a great cover of Little Drummer Boy. I'm thing Tom Petty did a Christmas song, but I'm not sure.

yeah, Tom Petty has one, I can't remember which one for the life of me, but it is a christmas song

also Eagles did a good one, I can't remember which one though, I always get all the christmas tunes screwed up, I don't have a clue what any of them are called I just know what to listen to at christmas haha, Ramones also have one thats fun
and Kinks Father christmas is so depressing lol, just listen to those lyrics, its such a morbid song, which is probably the reason I like it lol

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I cannot believe that no one listed "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day" by Roy Wood. It is still played every Christmas on many tv shows in the UK every Christmas.

Likewise for Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have to say I don't really like Christmas Rock songs that much. Some of them are okay, but give me my Nat King Cole collection of Christmas songs anyday, I only play that CD on Dec. 25th, sort of a tradition now. For other background music I will play some of my favorite classical pieces.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Twisted Sister:

Dokken:

Joe Satriani:

Jimi Hendrix:

runtfan

Reaction score
I have to say I don't really like Christmas Rock songs that much. Some of them are okay, but give me my Nat King Cole collection of Christmas songs anyday, I only play that CD on Dec. 25th, sort of a tradition now. For other background music I will play some of my favorite classical pieces.;)

I'm with you - I don't care much for any Christmas rock/pop tunes. I like pretty traditional arrangements of pretty traditional tunes In this case, by "traditional" I mean anything from White Christmas or The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire) on back. Almost all rock Christmas tunes sound cheesy and hackneyed to me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online