Cinderella (Official Thread)

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Re: Cinderella~ A Cut above the Rest

I'm listening now to a bunch of songs I downloaded - "Shelter Me" at the moment. They super rock god love 'em :oy:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Cinderella~ A Cut above the Rest

Thanks to this thread, I put on "Night Songs" (the opening, title track) and, yeah, I was working it out in the gym. That riff under "I need a shot of gasoline" is TIGHT.
Agreed, love that line and the guitar riff there. I have a number of Cinderella tunes on my mp3 player that I use when I'm working out. Good stuff!

Nobody's Fool is one of the few metal ballads recorded in the era that was emotional but still heavy. That kick drum under the solo is just so rock-steady.
Agreed again. the thing is, they get labeled as a "hair band" by a lot of people and their first album definitely fits that role, however to me, they were much more of just a rock band or even a blues-based rock band. They could crank it up when needed, tone it down when the time was right and they could rip up some bluesy tunes as well.

one hell of a band. Also, one of the better live bands I've ever seen and I've seen a LOT of bands.

Lynch

Reaction score
Just found this little gem: Nobody's Fool (live from the Moscow Peace Festival back in '89)

Man, I would SO love to have this entire concert on DVD, if there was such a thing

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No need to worry about bumping an old thread Luigison, we all do that.:)

Just finished playing the song, not bad at all sounded good to me.

Lynch

Reaction score
I checked out the new Tom Keifer album, haven't bought it yet. The songs that I've heard aren't bad. Not great, but not bad. If any old Cinderella fans are expecting some 'new' Cinderella, they'll be disappointed. I'm sure if I buy it and give it more than one listen, I'll definitely like it.

Lynch

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this. Keifer on stage with the band Haelstorm (another band from Pennsylvania) back in Sept 2013

Not the greatest rendition of the song, but still cool to see

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I was disappointed with the album. Keifer was one of the best songwriters of that scene, single-handedly penning the Night Songs, Long Cold Winter and Heartbreak Station LPs. Somehow though, despite something like 15 years of songs in the vaults, there isn't enough quality here, when he'd routinely bang it out every 2 years in the 80's.

I wasn't expecting Cinderella, but many of the tunes are average to good. Not many excellent. Oh well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online