1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinderella (Official Thread)

Discussion in '80's Music' started by Slip'nn2Darkness, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

Now see i like the more blues/metal Cinderella..T his is where I feel Cinderella became one of the better Glam/Hair bands of the 1980's instead of being just another band. In my opinion Cinderella were truly one of the best bands out of the whole Glam movement of the 80's, they weren't revolutionary by any means but they knew how to make a good catchy song that was enjoyable. The band had great vocal harmonies ("Last Mile" is a fine example") and melodies, nice choruses and they were always catchy no matter what they did. If you don't like this type of music it's fine, but if you do Cinderella are an excellent band worth checking out. Tom Keifer's vocals are great because they're not the traditionally high pitched vocals that were a trademark for so many bands of that decade. Tom's vocals had an AC/DC mixed with bluesy type of feel to them; I thought he sort of stood out from the other singers.

Lynch likes this.
  2. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

I loved all three of their albums (I don't think I ever bought that 4th album). Keifer's vocals and love of the blues really came through on the 2nd and 3rd albums. The title track on Long Cold Winter showed me just how talented they were and that they weren't just a 'hair metal' band of the mid 80's like you get the feeling they were on the first album. Not that that is a bad thing, but it showed a completely different side to them.

3. Lynch

By the way, the first time that I saw Cinderella was in 1986 (or maybe early 1987) when they were opening up for Bon Jovi on their Slippery When Wet tour. I said it that day and 30+ years later, I still say it... Cinderella blew BJ off the stage. If Bon Jovi had allowed Cinderella to use all of their equipment rather than just a handful of amp stacks, it would have been insane.

Trickster likes this.
  4. Lynch

Possibly the best cover on that album. One of the few songs from Janis that I would purposely play more than a couple of times. I grew up listening to my dad's copy of Pearl so I knew the song very well. When that album came out, I was amazed at how well they did with that song. :bow:

[​IMG]

Cinderella - Move Over

Trickster likes this.
  5. Lynch

Here's a nice vid of Tom when he was on tour last summer, doing an acoustic version of Heartbreak Station:

Trickster likes this.
  6. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

That's the tour i fist saw Cinderella .. agree they blew BJ off the stage!

Lynch likes this.
  7. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Swear Runner

I saw them at the Hammersmith on the LONG COLD WINTER TOUR................AWESOME SHOW!!!!

8. Lynch

Currently listening to Heartbreak Station

[​IMG]

You know, I give a crap load of credit to the band for those first two albums, and although I have never talked bad about Heartbreak Station, sometimes, I forget to listen to it because I love the first two so much. Just played through this one and it reminded me what a dunce I am for letting it collect dust for as long as I have. Rock solid album! :bow:

Trickster likes this.
  9. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

Heartbreak Station is a classic album, containing a dazzling array of musical styles which Cinderella moves through seamlessly. Each of the 11 songs is breathtakingly original, and some of them (Winds of Change, Electric Love and Heartbreak Station) are hauntingly beautiful, as well. Particularly poignant is One for Rock and Roll. Heartbreak Station has a lyrical and musical quality that is rare for an album of any genre, and as such, is a must-have album.

Lynch likes this.
  10. hairmetalmusic.com

hairmetalmusic.com www.hairmetalmusic.com

Some Tom live a year ago and he sounded absolutely amazing. It's amazing that he's been able to keep his voice so strong at this stage of his career.