Christmas songs

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
Post you favorite Christmas songs, funny, rock, obscure, anything that has a Christmas theme!
I just ask that each member only post 1 a day, that way everybody can get to post some. Lets keep this thread going until Christmas!

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
The best Christmas song ever?

The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York

:grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ Will always love that one :grinthumb

My favourite

[grooveshark]28075884[/grooveshark]

Kate Bush - December Will Be Magic Again

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
There’s certainly a lot of seasonal devotional music which both entertains and inspires me spiritually at Christmas, in fact the list is endless, stuff like the amazing traditional Service of Nine Lessons and Carols from King’s College, Cambridge, Handel’s ‘Messiah’, Benjamin Britten’s ‘Ceremony of Carols’, J S Bach’s ‘Christmas Oratorio’, Berlioz’s ‘L’Enfance du Christ’, the Christmas music of John Rutter, Gerald Finzi’s ‘In Terra Pax’ and so on…though I realise that all has its place in the Classical Forum here, and not in this thread. Trouble is there’s very few chart/song type things that have the same effect, traditionally most pop/rock Christmas stuff to me is just absolute inane drivel, though there’s been a few that I've liked, so if we’re allowed just 1 per day then I’d start with what is (for me) still the grand-daddy of all Christmas songs…here it is getting the full and unique Springsteen/E Street Band 'live' treatment…

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My all time favorite is this Nat King Cole version of "The Christmas Song".

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
My all time favorite is this Nat King Cole version of "The Christmas Song".

I agree, I hate what artists like Rod Stewart (and even I'm sorry to say Bob Dylan) do with classics like this, but Nat King Cole is just a legend and different class, and he's as much a part of Christmas Day as the presents and the tree.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^When I play Nat's Christmas album, it feels special TS, and I only listen to it a couple times over the Christmas holiday. I love every song on that CD.:D

As far as some others' attempting to improve upon perfection, I agree with you.:hab:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online