Christina Perri (Official)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Christina Perri
Jar-of-Hearts-christina-perri-16882794-1280-720-e1297087044560.jpg

Christina Perri is an artist that I was introduced to by our good friend Astrid amongst a group of others on hear I also consider good friends! ;) Thanks Astrid! :grinthumb The song I heard was the hit single, Jar of Hearts and I loved it! The version of the song I was introduced to was this awesome live version:

Jar of Hearts (Live)

In some ways I like that version better! What a raw, visceral passionate performance! I love the raspy coarseness of her voice! :bow: I bought the track off of I-tunes minutes later! :) This was from 2010 and it wasn't until now in mid 2011 that the album has dropped and I bought the SE version the week it came out!:

LoveStrong
christina-perri-lovestrong-artwork.jpeg

I'm still letting the album sink in but I like it and hear are some of the tracks that standout to me! :grinthumb

Jar Of Hearts (Album Version)
(of course I have to put the single in here officially! :D)

Distance
(This one is like a songbirds tune and really hits me right now)

Penguin
(I get a Karen Carpenter vibe off of this, really nice)

Backwards
(really nice bonus track, instrumentally more interesting as well as it's vibe)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Christina Perri

Oh is her album finally out. It's about time since "Jar of Hearts" has been out for almost year now. I need to pick this up sometime when I'm out and about. I'll be back with more to say once I have. ;)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Great, looking forward to it Cosmic! It's up my alley for sure but I'm not sure I'd put her up on my A-lister list yet! Her tunes are solid but don't grab me as much as other female artist. Maybe it's too polished but the elements are their for great music, just not as defined on this album IMO. She's kind of like my experience with Anna Nalick. Kept hearing how great they are and when I bought the album it was like "Cool!:grinthumb" but not "Wow! :omg:" Still a good addition to have this album and it's easy to listen too all the way through! maybe it'll grow on me more! :grinthumb

I'm wondering if Astrid will see this! ;)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Found you Soot..Well This is awesome ..will put some stuff on here myself..:grinthumb

I like the LIVE version myself !

Love her voice and her songwriting...very different sound :cheers2

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm still letting this album soak in after purchasing it yesterday but as it stands now "Bang Bang Bang" and "Mine" stand out to me the most and are my favorites at the moment:

(This is a cool live version but it's a tad slower than the album version)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

@Astrid-Glad you could make it. I owe the discovery to you at least before the song took off. I do love the live version you sent us originally back in MF even better. Hope you check out the album and give us feedback.

@Cosmic-"Mine" is a pretty good track. Not sure if "Bang, Bang, Bang' works for me. It's a little to poppy for what I wanted out of her. I expected some pop but nothing that bouncy. I was hoping for more of a Fiona Aple. Darker and brooding angry singer songwriter stuff especially with that husky, smoky voice of hers! :cheers2

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

@Cosmic-"Mine" is a pretty good track. Not sure if "Bang, Bang, Bang' works for me. It's a little to poppy for what I wanted out of her. I expected some pop but nothing that bouncy. I was hoping for more of a Fiona Aple. Darker and brooding angry singer songwriter stuff especially with that husky, smoky voice of hers! :cheers2

After a year of "Jar of Hearts" I think "Bang Bang Bang" is a welcomed difference. I mean, it's really the only uptempo song on the album and to me it's a nice contrast to all of the sad/somber songs. Besides, it kind of reminds me of something The Avett Brothers would do and I like that. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

You are true. The album is dark but not in the way I'm used too. It's almost like Grey Anatomy soundtrack fare and is light and poppy with a more subdued mood. :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well it is a pop album first and foremost, Sooty. Pop is never too dark. ;)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Just saying ..I've not got round to buying this album :blush: Which I know seems odd lol since I kinda found her...

but thus far I like what you and Harmony have posted Soot, and I like both songs quite alot.

Christina's voice is really cool..like the wraspy thing :D ..and I think I'll purchase this,,

She is rather pop-related and one thing I note on a personal point is, I finally found a singer ./band I can relate to with my niece and nephew lol .They are huge A.I. fans and Top 40 ..so basically lol I had nuttin honey with them musically

thanks Christina :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online