Christian Rock

MintRainbow

Reaction score
Couldn't find a couple of my favorite Resurrection Band tunes (Pauper's Grave is very intense). There's even less of Glenn Keiser's solo stuff or Glenn Keiser Band stuff on Youtube, which is unfortunate, they do some incredible stuff. Maybe I should put some of it up.

MintRainbow

Reaction score
Also, Daniel Amos's "Darn Floor, Big Bite" is one of the most underrated cds ever released. Complex lyrics, unusually creative music, what's not to like:

I like a lot of their stuff though (anything Terry Taylor does really):

(I think this song is prophetic of virtually everything our Cowboy Presidents have done in the last 20 years):

And just in case you thought Darn Floor, Big Bite wasn't weird and "out there" enough, Taylor's other band Swirling Eddies (as opposed to his other other bands such as Lost Dogs) made and even stranger and more out-there (and more ahead of its time IMO) cd called Zoom Daddy:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am putting my mark in here, MintRainbow, to remind me to come back and catch up on your posts.

:tup:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've been giving some good Christian metal band a listen. Hopefully that still suffices for the "Christian Rock". Otherwise, this has been a misfire. But I will post videos anyway.

Theocracy - Christian Progressive Metal

Narnia - Christian Metal

Crimson Thorn - Christian Death Metal

A Plea For Purging - Christian Metalcore

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score
Some of Christian Rock isn't bad. Some of it is pretty decent. Stryper was always my favorite of the Christian bands. They had one hell of a guitar player who was really good in Oz Fox.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I'm a big christian rock/metal fan. I have thousands of cd's and LP's, at one time about 15 years ago that was all I listened to. There are so many great bands that most people havent heard of and some very talented musicians and songwriters that would blow you away, from any genre you choose.

Khor1255

Reaction score
My sister brought me to a Resurection Band show many years ago. Even though I was into Rush and Maiden, Sabbath, etc etc it sounded pretty good. I can't say I followed up on it too much but Petra was another cool group I heard around that time.

There are a few mainstream bands that could easily be called Christian Rock although they aren't advertised as such.

Yes
Black Sabbath (yeah, you heard me)
and selected songs from several bands that let you know Jesus is Just Alright or perhaps even more.

Usually the less preachy the band the better the message.

Maybe that's just me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online