Christian Rock

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
^^ I don't think those guys were Christian rock were they?

As far as I know they were . I saw them play Greenbelt many years ago , a Christian Rock festival , I first saw and heard one of their records from a fellow Christian drummer friend of mine ;

here's a quote from Conservapedia.com

"Another trend in the 1980s was similar to that of the early 1970s, many secular rock bands discovering Jesus as subject matter for their songs. U2 and Kansas were obviously in the forefront of this, not the least because some members of U2 and Kansas really had converted to Christianity. Other 80s artists notable either for using Christian themes or for one or more members professing a Christian faith include, Mr. Mister, Simple Minds, The Call, The Alarm, After the Fire, Kajagoogoo, T-Bone Burnett, and much later in the decade, King's X. "

Christian Rock - Conservapedia

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ Did not know that. Thanks.:grinthumb

I kind of figured The Call was along with U2.

I would also add that Collective Soul might have had some Christian leanings as well. Ed and Dean Roland's father was a Southern Baptist minister although Ed has said they are not a Christian Rock band. But alot of their songs are spiritual. Their upbringing is definitely reflected in their music.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I can't believe that one of the best "Christian" songs of all-time has not been posted yet. What's even more unbelievable is that it was written and performed by a Jewish singer. Norman Greenbaum was raised Jewish and is still a practicing Jew. Yet he wrote and sang Spirit In The Sky. Doesn't make much sense but for one song, Norman Greenbaum was the MAN! Probably my favorite "one-hit wonder" ever!:grinthumb

Khor1255

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard or heard of a band called Psalms II from North Carolina? Friends of mine went down there for some reason and came back with a tape they recorded at a Psalms II practice session. Sadly the singer wasn't present the day they recorded this tape so I have never heard them with vocals.

Their sound os rather hard hitting progressive rock verging on metal at times. The guitar player and drummer are absolutely rock solid professional as is the overall sond of the compositions. They really sound like no one else and even my condensor mike recording reveals them to be quite a band.

It would be sad to think that they never recorded anything but I haver asked people for years if they ever heard this band and have never gotten a positive answer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online