Cheap Trick (Official Thread)

X-Ray

Cowbell By Misadventure
Reaction score
If I were to have a second favorite band it would be Cheap Trick
And if I liked singers, my second favorite singer would be Robin Zander (whom Rick reminds everyone every time is his favorite)
Seen them numerous times since the late '70s and look forward to seeing them again this coming August
I could go on about them but I would be preaching to the choir as that it is very cool to see some CT appreciation here...

rtbuck

Reaction score
Wow...it's been a while since anyone mentioned Cheap Trick & I've been in a Cheap Trick mode lately so...Here's their cover of the Move's Brontosaurus...& actually they used the riff from this tune on their version of another song by the Move "California Man"(it's in the middle of Trick's version). This is the third cover of a Move song by Cheap Trick...besides the 2 aforementioned they also covered the Move's "Down on the Bay".

***as a sidenote the Move was led by Roy Wood & later Jeff Lynne joined the Move & the 2 formed ELO but Wood left after the first album. Lynne & ELO covered a Move tune later on which became a hit "Do Ya"

rtbuck

Reaction score
In 1998 Cheap Trick went into the studio with producer Steve Albini to re-record the In Color album the way they originally intended for it to sound. I've heard the entire mix & it's great (a bit harder edge...) these are the only 2 tunes from the mix on you tube

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Wow...it's been a while since anyone mentioned Cheap Trick & I've been in a Cheap Trick mode lately so...Here's their cover of the Move's Brontosaurus...& actually they used the riff from this tune on their version of another song by the Move "California Man"(it's in the middle of Trick's version). This is the third cover of a Move song by Cheap Trick...besides the 2 aforementioned they also covered the Move's "Down on the Bay".

***as a sidenote the Move was led by Roy Wood & later Jeff Lynne joined the Move & the 2 formed ELO but Wood left after the first album. Lynne & ELO covered a Move tune later on which became a hit "Do Ya"

Is it considered a cover when the same guy wrote the song? :D

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll post it here. Check out this intense little drummer dude Alex Shumaker rocking out to Cheap Trick...

Promising young talent with good taste in music!

JimJam

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll post it here. Check out this intense little drummer dude Alex Shumaker rocking out to Cheap Trick...

Promising young talent with good taste in music!

That kid rocks! :grinthumb From the camera angle, he looks small compared to the symbols.

Jon

Reaction score
This is a band that's always passed me by.
I remember being fascinated by Rick's appearance as a kid, and loved his guitars. I had a friend whose brother loved them, but they were never really that big in the UK.
I have The Essential Cheap Trick, I got it when it came out, about 10/12 years ago. I'll dig it out tonight I think. I do remember being surprised how much I knew when I heard it.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10400995_10153779882977037_3700360078971528297_n.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cheap Trick S/T debut turns 40 February 2017!

220px-Cheaptrickalbum1977.jpg

Raw live sound in 1977........He's A Whore'

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online