Camel (Official Thread)

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
After reading through this thread I'm reminded once again how great a band Camel are. Andy Latimer has to be one of the finest, most understated and underrated guitar players of the 70's. My favourite album of theirs is probably Mirage, though I do like all of their stuff. I'm going to be revisiting their albums in the near future.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
After reading through this thread I'm reminded once again how great a band Camel are. Andy Latimer has to be one of the finest, most understated and underrated guitar players of the 70's. My favourite album of theirs is probably Mirage, though I do like all of their stuff. I'm going to be revisiting their albums in the near future.

^^ You are right, but the third album, "The Snow Goose", is their masterpiece imo!

:bow::bow::bow:Been on Camel jag recently. Their music just keeps delivering. Have aged pretty well.

@recgord27 and the other two dude are spot on Camel are aging well there a mixed bag of prog!!!!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Are there any other forum members that are fans of Camel. They are such a unique band that they should warrant a listen. As Magic mentioned earlier in the thread, if you have the patience to understand the music, it's a rewarding experience.

For me the albums with Pete Bardens are the best ones - more progressive than the more commercial/jazz that the later albums became.

'Lady Fantasy' from the Mirage album -

'The Snow Goose' album -

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
These were great, my Brother saw them support Wishbone Ash in the early seventies (wow!)
Mirage is my fave- Mel Collins.... such an underrated musician... Herbie Flowers ( unrelated to this thread.) was another guy who gets little praise.
Camel get played here very often.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online