1979 – I Can See Your House from Here
1981 – Nude
1982 – The Single Factor
1984 – Stationary Traveller
1991 – Dust and Dreams
1996 – Harbour of Tears
1999 – Rajaz
2002 – A Nod and a Wink

Thought it's about time to get a bit more life in here, and how better than with one of prog rock's most enduring and successful bands!

Best known for their third LP, the instrumental concept album "music inspired by The Snow Goose"

22468842_TheSnowGoose.jpg

Apart from a 7 year disappearance from the public, (1984 - 1991) Camel have been actively touring and writing from 1971 until present.

A few of my favourites:

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Camel

Nice OP Salmacis.::tup:

You posted their best album, at least it always been at the top of my list. Camel is a very good band, they never quite got the accolades that their contemporaries received though and I never understood why.:dunno:

I have 9 of their albums Sal but I'll let You post them seeing it's your thread.:heheh:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

cover_8411815102008.jpg

This was the album that was a bit more "radio" friendly than it's predecessors, moving into a popish sound. This album also incorporated some different music styles, which I find only mildly interesting. At this point, the band was losing my interest in them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They are an acquired taste, but I have warmed up to them over the years. When I bought Rain Dance and Breathless on vinyl when they came out, I didn't have the patience that I possess now to give them a chance.

Still Snow Goose is my fave, I just love that whole album.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Snow Goose is probably their best, IMO, but I have to be fair and say I have not listened to the newer stuff, I did hear the next album after Breathless, "I Can See Your House from Here" and it was not that bad, but you can tell they were struggling with all the new band members on that album.

A friend of mine did recommend Rajaz, but I haven't taken the time yet to get it.

:pirate:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Mirage is good, too. But still Snow Goose is my fave.

This song is pretty epic, humm....I may rethink my favorite.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Nice OP Salmacis.::tup:

You posted their best album, at least it always been at the top of my list. Camel is a very good band, they never quite got the accolades that their contemporaries received though and I never understood why.:dunno:

I have 9 of their albums Sal but I'll let You post them seeing it's your thread.:heheh:

I only have The Snow Goose, Moonmadness and Mirage LG, you're welcome to post what you like about Camel, even the ones with the humps :tongue:

Rhayader is quickly becoming one of my favourite prog songs though :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I just like the feel of Snow Goose, it's such a Unique sounding album. Tattoo'd and Annie are fans too so I'm sure they'll help out in her as well.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online