Britney Spears: Singer/Songwriter

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
BRITNEY SPEARS

Personally, I really really like Britney Spears as a singer and a songwriter. Throughout the years of growing up in the 90's, she was what everybody was listening to. This is going back to the "Oops I Did It Again" days. She was and still is a pretty fantastic artist in a variety of different ways. This is one of those artists where I do not let their personal life affect the amount of love I have for the music. She's a great singer. And a dancer, and has a lot in her past that really shows who she is, music wise. Without further ado, let's listen to some Britney Spears!

britney-spears_2011.jpg

britney-spears-baby-one-more-time-cd-cover-47874.jpeg
Britney-Spears-Oops-I-Did-It-Again-+-3.jpg
Britney_Britney_Album_Cover.PNG

Britney-Spears-In-the-Zone-2003.jpg
300_160905.jpg
espaciomusica.com.wp-content.uploads.brit-spears-circus-cover.jpg

Britney-Spears-Femme-Fatale-Album-Cover-300x300.jpg

Syd

Reaction score
I love her and she's totally hot. I think it was her that made me love blonde chicks now. It's all her fault.

I kinda like some of her songs, the most famous have some very interesting things, some even have items of rock&roll in them and that makes them cool to listen. But apart from that, I'm not really into her music.

She is still a great performer and on of the most important figures in music of the past decade.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
O.K. I'm going to bite! I may never buy a Britney album (TBD) but whether or not you think Britney is talented she is a machine and when she has the right guidance and operators she is behind some great tracks. I LOVe electronica pop Britney and when her backers came up with the idea to make her even more robotic sounding to help her make a comeback they were geniuses. Britney is not a very good vocalist in my opinion by technical standards but she is a unique distinguishable voice! If I was going to buy an album from her it would be Blackout! Part of the reasons is how I heard songs after dancing in clubs! I like these tracks off of it:

Gimme More

Piece of Me

Freakshow

Get Naked (I Have a Plan)

So for serious songs I think the writers who wrote this song wrote a great ballad! You all know I'm a sucker for ballads anyway! :grinthumb

Everytime
(love the simple piano notes used)

I think the strength of the song is REALLY shown by the simple acoustic cover here that gets to the heart and emotion of the song! One of my favorite covers ever! :grinthumb

Glen Hansard-Everytime

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel she did a good Rolling Stones cover. She took the song and made it her own.....she made it sexy!

[grooveshark]25027657[/grooveshark]

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
She's VERY pretty, but I wish she would arrange her songs a bit better :):):)!!!

M

MissAshley

I can't deny that I have enjoyed most of her songs since day one. She has been a great performer as well.

Her singing talent hasn't been properly showcased I don't think. If you have seen her as a little kid on Star Search, you'd know she could sing, but her music doesn't really show that off very much. As for her song writing, I say she is average.

But has anyone seen her dancing lately? It's very stiff and lacking. Just wondered if anyone noticed it.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^As any pop artist that has been in the music industry as long as she has, it's only natural that she start to change how she performs. I haven't noticed her lack of ability toward dancing, so I would have to take a look. Otherwise, I don't think her recent stuff is all that bad, but I prefer old classic Britney.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've liked her since her first album came out. I don't think she's the greatest thing to ever hit pop music, but I do enjoy a number of her tunes.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did anyone see her movie Crossroads? I remember taking my daughter to see this.....and it really wasn't that bad of a movie.

crossroads.jpg

Britney did a pretty hot lingerie scene :eek:

britney_spears_crossroads1.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I remember when I used to sit in my mom's car and as soon as "Baby One More Time" came on, I used to sing my heart out. Idk, just a random thought.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.