UK (Scotland) Heavy Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock
West Records

Members:
Zeik Hume - vocals
Mick Riddle - guitar
Bill Anderson - bass
Dick Sneddon - drums
Doug Rome - Hammond

There isn’t a whole lot on the internet about this band. They are early pioneers but never hit it big, probably because they had a small record label. This was their only album, so it is a rare gem.

The album cover is quite creepy, suggesting evil or the occult. None is to be found in the music. I think they were going for a Black Sabbath vibe.

For those of you who like your music heavily organ drenched, and the jams to be long, you will really enjoy this album. I personally love the Hammond and this album is all about the Hammond. However, I found the extended jam sessions boring.

The music is in the same vein as Atomic Rooster, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, and very close to Keith Emerson in The Nice. It’s quite raw in production, but I didn’t find that aspect annoying, in fact I feel that is the beauty of the album.

My Pick..Aunty Mary’s Trashcan….the creepiest song on the album, IMO, but very well written and clocks in at almost 11 minutes.

Shortest song @ 6 minutes…Plastic Man…..guitar & Hammond jam.

Full Album

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Certainly up my alley of obscurity. Recgord makes a good analogy with Wishbone Ash, a favorite band of mine.

The Hammond too... Anything with such a marvelous instrument is getting my listen.

Thanks for sharing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThorstenMa

Members online