Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

I bought that one on vinyl when it came out Sooty, I thought it was a good album myself. But I have to add that Bob started to mellow out a lot at this point in his career, his early albums are mostly hard rockin' songs, with the odd ballad thrown in but from this point on in his recording career he adopted a softer sound.

Still nice to see you catching up on all these old dinosaurs.:D

Agreed LG!! Soot it's wayy cool you're diggin' Seger. He has some great stuff!! Lots to explore.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Stranger in Town is an awesome album! You should back up a bit and listen to "Beautiful Loser", although the Live Bullet album is pretty good too :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Night Moves is his best one...:tup:

Live Bullet is a good album, and showcases a lot of his best early material if you don't want to check out all his albums.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Night Moves is my favorite of his rocking albums, but my all time favorite album is Against the Wind.

Her Strut

The video on this is terrible, but back in 1980 cams were not very sophisticated :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Man, I love Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band...

First album I heard of his was ''Night Moves'' back when it came out, then picked up ''Live Bullet'', then I was hooked....then, ''Stranger in Town'' and ''Against The Wind'' came out and I became even a bigger Seger fan....then I started picking up all his 60's and early 70's albums, which was a lot of albums. Seger's a rock and roll legend...I seen Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band in concert 3 times, and the first time he still had his long hair....Seger and the boys put on a great show.

Funny thing, people who don't really know Bob Seger's music, think he's mellow...

Reaction score

A great song from Beautiful Loser:grinthumb

Bob-Seger-Beautiful-Loser--436309.jpg

Travelin' Man

Berndawg

Reaction score

since this seems to be the thread for all things seger, maybe someone can answer a question for me.

Thin lizzy covers the song rosalie which they say seger wrote. Did bob record this song? And if so, on what album?

This would be really helpful. Been wondering for years.

bob seger did record this song. Its on utube.
Album called "back in 72"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

He covered Downtown Train, and does a pretty fine job too!! :grinthumb

pistolpete

Reaction score

I like Seger. Don't really know a whole lot. I have Live Bullet and the Greatest hits Volume 1 and Volume 2. Live Bullet is consistently in my rotation. I really want to see him live. I have a friend who has seen a ton of the legends like the Stones, Dylan (before he lost his voice), Petty, Paul McCartney, a million others. He says the best show he was ever at was Bob Seger hands down. Not sure if he still tours or how good he is any more. Doesn't he have some sort of health issue? Something with his heart?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I remember hearing about Bob's live shows back in the mid-70's Pistolpete, and he was a class act.

I think he did have some trouble with his vocal chords years ago,,,not sure if it was cancer or just nodes from years of performing and as far as I know he hasn't toured in years.

Night Moves is my favorite record, and Live Bullet is in my top twenty live albums ever recorded from the 70's easily.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online