Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
BobSegerLogoAnimation.gif

Bob as a young man, in his middle age, and a recent photograph.

BobSegerPictureAnimation.gif

Official Website

Discography

Bob Seger System (1969-1970)
1969 Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
1969 Noah
1970 Mongrel

Bob Seger (1971-1975)
1971 Brand New Morning
1972 Smokin' O.P.'s
1973 Back in '72
1974 Seven
1975 Beautiful Loser

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (1976-present)
1976 Night Moves
1978 Stranger in Town
1980 Against the Wind
1982 The Distance
1986 Like a Rock
1991 The Fire Inside
1995 It's a Mystery
2006 Face the Promise
2014 Ride Out
2017 I Knew You When

Live Albums
1976 Live Bullet
1981 Nine Tonight

One of my musical heroes, Bob Seger is living proof that hard work and perseverance pay off. I first heard a few songs off "Live Bullet", but really didn't get interested until I heard the song "Night Moves" on the radio. When the album finally shipped to my small town I picked up a copy, paid $4.97 for it from our local record store. I still have my old vinyl copy, I had a MFSL master disc too but it was destroyed in the fire years ago.

My Mom gave me a copy of BTO's biography in the mid 70's for Christmas and when I was reading it Randy Bachman was a big fan of Bob Seger's, said he was the consummate professional, put on a fantastic live concert and a pleasure to tour with. Seger was opening for BTO when they were riding the wave of success. Randy also said that he Hoped that Bob would eventually get his big break and achieve some success, which happened when he released "Live Bullet" and then his massive follow up "Night Moves". For all those aspiring rock stars out there, you could learn a lesson from Bob Seger, he always treated people right when he was working his butt off, and after he reached the pinnacle of success, still treated people the same way.

He has battled cancer and for the moment seems to be okay, I hope he does enjoy his twilight years, he has earned that much. I do prefer the earlier Raunchy Harder Bob Seger records to the more commercially successful later albums, but that is just my personal taste.

Maybe it's cliche', but here's the song and Album that hooked me the first time I heard it...boy that is a long long time ago now.

BobSegerNightMovesCoverAnimation.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

Bob Seger was the first concert I went to. I was only 13 at the time, and the thing I remember was his tennis shoes on stage........We all started wearing similar tennis shoes that we aptly named our "Segers" :D

Seger is one of my favorite musicians, he can go from hard jams to mellow, sappy ballads and I just love it all.

My favorite album:

BSE45854.jpg

The first album I owned:

35d9228348a0e97ea5824110.L.jpg

I just love the Sax in this song :)

Turn the Page

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like that album too Magic, of his later recordings "Against the Wind" would be my favorite, I even replaced my old vinyl with a CD a few months ago.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have just about the whole discography on CD now :D

:pirate:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was playing "Live Bullet" last night, and almost revised my top ten list, but some other discriminating fan has it listed so it's at least in the thread.:D

Reaction score

Picked two of my favorites for the OP, LG:tongue:
Night Moves and Turn the Page, I don't care how sick of Night Moves(song or album) everyone else is I can't get enough, that song is so awesome and perfect

Old Time Rock n Roll was one of the first songs I learned on guitar, and I still listen to it a lot, who would have known that song came to basically describe me later.....

Great band with a great frontman, really not much else to say about it:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for stopping by EB, and I agree with you about Night Moves...for me it has...extra special meaning...;)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Night Moves is most certainly a great album. But with only a handful of hit songs spanning eight records from 1969 to 1975, it wasn't until 1976's Live Bullet that everything came together for him (very similar to what Peter Frampton experienced in those same years).

What was so great about Live Bullet is that the album ecapsulated all of Seger's early hits in one tidy package (as it should), including those from his most recent and successful studio album to date, 1975's Beautiful Loser which featured the hits Katmandu, Travelin' Man and the title track.

1976's Night Moves, however, was his real breakout record and featured several hits including "Rock and Roll Never Forgets", "Night Moves", "The Fire Down Below", "Mainstreet", "Come to Poppa" and "Mary Lou". Seger was now the hot ticket and his music was all over the radio dial. Thankfully it's all good stuff even today. :cheers:

Night Moves was also the first album to feature "The Silver Bullet Band" so I don't know if that made a difference in how the songs were written, but the recording/engineering/production in the studio was top notch on this album. Double :cheers:

I know how you like to preview albums chronologically, LG, so I'll hold off on the others until later. Great start on a great artist, though! Triple :cheers: !!! :heheh:

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score

Like Bob Seger a lot too, particularly when he was in the "Bob Seger System". Here is one of my favorite songs:

"Ramblin' Gamblin' Man"

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online