Bob Geldof says "I am responsible for two of the worst songs in history."

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

bob_geldof_narrowweb__300x390,0.jpg

Bob Geldof says he's sorry for writing one of the worst songs in the world.
"I am responsible for two of the worst songs in history. [One is] 'Do They Know It's Christmas? The other one is 'We Are The World,' he tells Australia's Daily Telegraph. "Any day soon, I will go to the supermarket, head to the meat counter and it will be playing. Every [expletive] Christmas."

The Irish singer, who wrote "Do They Know It's Christmas?" with Midge Ure for Band Aid in 1984, says he also gets irritated when carolers perform the charity hit in front of his home during the holidays.

"They think 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' is as old as 'Silent Night,'" Geldof says. "Sometimes I think that's wild because I wrote it. Or else I am thinking how much I want them to stop because they are doing it really badly."

Source

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I would like to call for the bastard to be hanged for crimes against humanity...But I think that the pain of having to live with himself after writing those terrible, terrible songs is probably punishment enough.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I always thought this didn't get the media attention it deserved....it was really a GREAT sounding recording and song. The singers were all spot on, delivered their message, sang their asses off and ROCKED THE HOUSE!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Bob Geldof has always rubbed me the wrong way, at least since the whole Live Aid thing. He seems very much like a "hey look at me" sorta guy. Live Aid, as a concert, was pretty cool. As a charity-type event, I have no clue how succesful it really was. Live8 bothered me but I won't go into that here.

Anyway, as a singing career, wtf did this guy ever do? The Boomtown Rats? C'mon. You're WHO? Other than the charity things I mentioned and playing "Pink" in the movie The Wall, which was only memorable because of the soundtrack which he had nothing at all to do with... this guy hasn't done ANYTHING worthy of remembering. So, now he's opening his mouth saying "hey looko at me" again.

:rolleyes:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I always thought this didn't get the media attention it deserved....it was really a GREAT sounding recording and song. The singers were all spot on, delivered their message, sang their asses off and ROCKED THE HOUSE!!

MUCH MUCH better than We Are The World. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Bob Geldof has always rubbed me the wrong way, at least since the whole Live Aid thing. He seems very much like a "hey look at me" sorta guy. Live Aid, as a concert, was pretty cool. As a charity-type event, I have no clue how succesful it really was. Live8 bothered me but I won't go into that here.

Anyway, as a singing career, wtf did this guy ever do? The Boomtown Rats? C'mon. You're WHO? Other than the charity things I mentioned and playing "Pink" in the movie The Wall, which was only memorable because of the soundtrack which he had nothing at all to do with... this guy hasn't done ANYTHING worthy of remembering. So, now he's opening his mouth saying "hey looko at me" again.

:rolleyes:

Although I do like I Don't LIke Mondays...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.