Bob Dylan (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Bob Dylan

That's a good point.

Every song that every artist writes is a very personal thing to them. The thought process behind deciding which songs to release and which songs not to release is a dynamic that I suppose, anybody that is not a songwriter will never understand.

And maybe it is best that it is that way.

Precisely. And if an artist isn't happy with a song, than they should have the right to release or not. Though...than they sell an "unreleased" album. Which is just as cool, because chances are, they tweaked or made the songs better than they were originally.

TheHealer

Reaction score

On this day, 10 years ago, Bob Dylan won an Oscar for Best Original Song for:

Things Have Changed

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

actually that song is kinda spooky. Singing about man's impending doom.

"I've been walking 40 miles of bad road
if the bible is right the world will to explode"

Did you happen to see the movie this song was written for, "Wonder Boys" starring Micheal Douglas? Not that great a movie, it is more of a story women would like :)

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score

Did you happen to see the movie this song was written for, "Wonder Boys" starring Micheal Douglas? Not that great a movie, it is more of a story women would like :)

Well dammit I'm a woman then. I loved wonder boys.

That song is a bit spooky. I love the guitar in it though, a brilliant riff. I wonder if Bob thought it up

TheHealer

Reaction score

I did see the movie........there were some funny moments but overall not that great of a movie......

I actually got to see Dylan's Oscar trophy up close.

I saw all 3 of his shows at the Hammerstein ballroom in 2003. I was right there on the edge of the stage. Dylan placed his Oscar to the left of the stage.

Very nice looking trophy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That would be awesome to see. Too bad you didn't have a camera handy to snap some photos :D

TheHealer

Reaction score

That would be awesome to see. Too bad you didn't have a camera handy to snap some photos :D

Yeah, it was. Seeing that Oscar and being less than five feet away from Dylan during all 3 shows. Unforgettable.

Nope, no camera :uh:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I like Dylan a lot but I'm not a freak over him like I am with so many other bands. Still I do fall in those modes where every once in a while I'll just listen to his stuff for a few hours.

He has so many great songs but for some reason this version of It's Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding from his Live at Budokan album is my favorite Dylan tune. I like this original version but for some reason I just love the live version

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online