Blues Series#5: Climax Blues Band-Tightly Knit

joe

Reaction score
IMG_0544.jpeg

A lot of bands like Fleetwood Mac, Ten Years After, Savoy Brown and others started out mainly playing the blues but on later releases these bands brought in other elements such as psych, jazz, and prog but still mainly focusing on the blues.

One such band was the Climax Blues Band with thier release Tightly Knit from 1971. Led by one of the most under rated guitarist Pete Haycock. A magician on the slide giutar.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Blues Series#6: Climax Blues Band-Tightly Knit

I always remember their one hit single whenever anyone mentions them, "Couldn't Get It Right"....other than that I never bought any of their records. One of those bands that slipped past me I guess.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I remember this band mainly for the song "I Love You"

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Man, the album you posted is way better and so much different then the album that I have heard called "Gold Plated " that's the one w/ their hit single "Couldn't Get It Right".

What are some other albums by these guys in this same heavy blues rock vein ,Joe ? I'm definitely getting the one you posted. The guitar is great.

joe

Reaction score

Actually all thier previous releases were very blues oriented. Tightly Knit sees the band exploring other elements as well as the blues. Here's the albums I"d recommend:

The Climax Chicago Blues Band(1969)
Plays On(1969)
#3(1970)
Tightly Knit(1971)

After the release of Tightly Knit the band went to more of a rock/pop direction.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online